Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test centers

Options
  • 04-04-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hey, did a search and found nothing on the subject so I figure a topic is about needed.

I was poking around on the drivingtest.ie site and noticed a rather large descrepency between pass rates in Dublin test centers and in country ones. Im planning on applying to one this week and I'm wondering if this is because of tougher testers or just worse drivers in the city or what? I'd be able to do the test down the country in one of the below without too much bother as I do have relatives down there, however I would prefer to do it up here.

Center Pass Rate Wait (weeks)

Tralee 57.0 32
    Mallow 57.0 36
    Killarney 59.5 42
    Rathgar 41.3 46

The lower wait time might be an added bonus too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Blut wrote:
    Hey, did a search and found nothing on the subject so I figure a topic is about needed.

I was poking around on the drivingtest.ie site and noticed a rather large descrepency between pass rates in Dublin test centers and in country ones. Im planning on applying to one this week and I'm wondering if this is because of tougher testers or just worse drivers in the city or what? I'd be able to do the test down the country in one of the below without too much bother as I do have relatives down there, however I would prefer to do it up here.

Tralee 57.0 32
    Mallow 57.0 36
    Killarney 59.5 42
    Rathgar 41.3 46

the test working by marking down for mistakes (not marking you up for good driving) , so the more you drive past parked cars, roundabouts , kids running out, junctions the more chance you will fail.... mort of that kind of thing up there in the big smoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bunker

Blut wrote:

Tralee 57.0 32
    Mallow 57.0 36
    Killarney 59.5 42
    Rathgar 41.3 46

I was told by a driving instructor in kerry that its the same people that do Southwest Circuit eg Tralee,Killarney,Mallow,NewcastleWest,Ennis,Skibbereen so technically they should be much pass rate wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

I did it in Rathgar. It was okay but the tester guy was a complete tosser.

Advertisement