Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legality of poker clubs.

Options
  • 04-04-2005 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just a question for anybody in the know. what are the laws and regulations regarding the setting up of a poker club, in regards to tournaments and cash games? eg insurance , laws regulations, health and saftey. Any help would be much appreciated. thank you baker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

baker1 wrote:
    Just a question for anybody in the know. what are the laws and regulations regarding the setting up of a poker club, in regards to tournaments and cash games? eg insurance , laws regulations, health and saftey. Any help would be much appreciated. thank you baker

Considering the pasting that entrepreneurs get around here I would be careful about advertising anything in advance.

It's legal for members of a private club to plays cards, naked if they want to. As regards, insurance, the law, health and safety, it's no less complicated than opening a late night bar.

For specific information I would recommend speaking to a solicitor who deals in commercial property and the pub trade but to be honest, unless you have access to centrally located rooms that cost next to nothing in rent then I wouldn't begin to go to the trouble.

I wish you well, if you want to make money you can sponsor me in the big tourneys coming up! ;) Des

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

private club to plays cards, naked if they want to
    Coming soon, Doc's Strip Poker Club...

...the first rule of Strip Poker Club is...

Advertisement