Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT --- Get the CAP email.

• 04-04-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

The Idea

Okay this thread is going to get you your increased cap if you are on Esat :D

If we can get a LOT of people to do this it will work as united we stand and divided we fall!!!

POA (Plan Of Action)
    1. Increase Cap to a satisfactory level (we are looking for at least a 50gig cap if not unlimited this is not asking much)

above being both upload and download caps.

2. Reasonable charge for when going over the download occurs. Apprx 10cent per gig. (Wholesale value is roughly 5c)

3. Increase of Upload speed, this is an Eircom issue but we must lobby Esat to obtain a deal with Eircom. Needed for gaming and other interactive web programs and activities. At least 512kbs is agreed to be a decent margin.

4. Proper Billing system if not already setup.

What you have to do

1. Post your full name as a reply to this thread with nothing else in that post.

2. Wait till Thursday! Then send the template email below that I have written, you must make sure to edit some important details such as name, costumer account number etc.

3. Add all the following people’s names to your email.

4. Go onto the Esat BT website and go to online help https://esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_support&_nfls
    and talk to an agent live and complain about:

(a) The Cap (you want at least 50gigs).
    (b) Upload speed (You need at least 512kbs).
    (c) If you are after having a billing issue tell them as you are not the only one.

5. Give it One week and send another email to give you more up-to-date information, also include that you and the following names will be unsubscribing to Esat if issue is not fixed.

If it dont work

Failing Esat not helping if we can get a decent list of people I will ring around to all ISP's asking for a group broadband rate but we will talk about this later.

The letter

Dear Esat,

I have some issues with my broadband service my name is (INSERT NAME) and my costumer account number is (COSTUMER ACCOUNT NUMBER, located on top of any bill). This is a letter of complaint and I hope you can read/resolve my problem.

I have been a costumer of yours since (INSERT APPRX DATE). I have always preferred your service as you claim to offer Compared to Eircom real value and this is taken directly from your website. You say you give twice a cap of that what Eircoms is but this is a lie. Will Esat BT just do as their website promo says and give us "Double Eircoms CAP"!!!!?????

False advertising, you claim this is an always on internet connection for only 39euro but after 3 hours in one day your internet service/CAP is used, at €39 this is not very good. After this you charge an out rageous charge of €31 per gigabyte over downloaded by, this is disgraceful, also you offer no warning system to inform some one of this problem.

Our demands are as follows:

1. Increase Cap to a satisfactory level (we are looking for at least a 50gig cap if not unlimited this is not asking much)

2. Reasonable charge for when going over the download occurs. Apprx 10cent per gig.

3. Increase of Upload speed, this is an eircom issue but we press on you to please do what you can and give us at least 512kbs upload connection.

4. No upload cap or 50gig at least.

5. Proper Billing system if not already setup.

6. A more advanced information system on the usage section of your site.

Below are a list of people just like me who are willing to disconnect from your service and move to a different ISP/Company. Esat has not lived up to there claims and has been a very big disappointment to me, yes you gave me an increase in speed but what good is this to me when you do not allow me to download anymore than what i was already able to, you might as well put your costumers back on 512kbs.

Kind Regards

(INSERT NAME)

and my fellow subscribers,

(INSERT NAMES)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Its spelled customer not costumer.

Also you have a demand for a bigger Cap down twice (No. 1 +4)

I'm afraid I dont see you getting very far. But best of luck anyway.

EDIT: Also in the last paragraph, change There to Their

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Esat Email is customer.care@esat.com

If you know of anymore emails for this company send out a second one to it as it may help in getting to the right place.

Live support is here: https://esatbt.com/echannel/res.por...s_support&_nfls

(Make a copy of the convo and post it)

Some more left out information, if you are a subscriber to a different ISP but your having the same Issue do as we are doing, set up a post like this, copy it word for word if you like just change the heading and company name, please refer to a mod first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm not on Esat, but i thought that i'd be constructive and help out a little:

Points 1 and 4 are the same, fix this.

A euro a gig is more reasonable, as this will maintain their margin(More people would be willing to go over the cap if its only a euro, and esat still get around 95c out of it)

50 gigs to no cap is unrealistic, 30 to 35 gigs would be much more reasonable and ties in with the point above.

Its a game of give and take, and Esaat would be much more likely to play ball if there was something in it for them.

Lastly, and no offense intended, but the over all tone of the email comes across as whingy rather than constructive, I'd change that. (Take out all the !!!!???? and change it so that YOU'RE NOT SHOUTING, It just looks bad.)

The upload speed will only increase if Eircom change it, you'd be better off setting up a another campaign to target Eircom, or changing this campaign to include all providers as targets.

Finally, Moriarty has been keeping this board extremely clean thankfully, but he may have something to say about this, whether good or bad.

P.s. I'd still wait a while, Esat may not have had time to react to Eircom upping their cap, Everyone here only found out on Friday I think

Okay thanks for the suggestions, id type up another email but i aint great at the whole communication thing. Maybe some one could help out there, personally id be happy with no cap, look at smart, however if we are looking for a 30 - 35 cap we want to be asking for more than that so a compromise can be made.

As i said, united we stand divided we fall, if we are all looking for a different solution then a resolution wont be made, so i propose 50gigs be our target. I will change 1 & 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well this is off to a great start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

me ill do this sure why not wont hurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Probably best to wait and see what Moriarty says before you go posting your name here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

These things crack me up

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

They'll upgrade them without your help. I'm still adamant that they will. It's good for their marketing and costs them little or nothing in the grand scheme of things. They're planning...and plotting. It'd be bad business not to.

If you're gonna start a petition at least use a proper petition thing - petitiononline or whatever it is. This place isn't designed to be used as a petition.

• Advertisement

maybe general concensus is that so, possibly moriartry you can delete this entire thread, i was hoping to do something constructive but doesnt look like it will work. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Well i wrote a letter of complaint anyway, before i seen this thread...i hope they do something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Your demands are ridiculous. The cap you are asking for is FAR to high - as has already been pointed out 30 to 35 Gb is much better. With 128kbps upload the absolute maximum we can upload even if we are on 24*7 is ~38GB so a 50GB upload cap is pointless, they may as well remove it altogether. If I were you I would wait until next Monday to see if Esat respond to €ircon with improved caps, as right now they are probably still dealing with the upgrade problems.

If by then Esat haven't responded then get someone above the age of 12 to write out some sort of letter pointing out that Eircom are now offering the best ADSL package in the country and no longer are Esat the market leaders. I would never sign the demands you are making as you sound like a whinging brat and also the demands (not requests!) are excessive compared to Eircoms offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Hold back with posting your names here.

We now have a rough template to email to sales or customer care in esatBT

Going one step at a time we must first finalise that letter, then fill in our own information privately!
    Then in the next day or so set a time to send them off...I say 21:00 so that they get a bunch of them on start of business the following day.

We should be able to get 20-30 people with genuine names/numbers that way rather than trying to use peer pressure and outing people here!

I have no problem sending an email with my data in it, but only to esatBT and not for the whole world to view on boards.ie broadband forum.

Well thats my personal view...what do others think of it here.

BTW.
    Just had a chat with those online customer care/sales reps.
    Its like talking to a computer....honestly though is it a comp as it was giving me the same type of lines over and over again!!!
    Either that or they are given 20 answers and just copy/paste them into the chat panel!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

If by then Esat haven't responded then get someone above the age of 12 to write out some sort of letter...........
    I second that...

Nice first draft of a letter Neon, very gung ho etc but not fully thought out in fairness. If you want Esat to listen to what you have to say, quit demanding "this and that" and put your point of view across in an adult, coherent way.

Heck, if you did that I'll give you the CEO of EsatBT's email address so you could go straight to the top. At the moment if he got that letter it'd be straight into his Junk folder.

Viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

julius's sugestion is also a good one, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that we don't need to complain about our cap as it's being upgraded at the end of the month. Read the end of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

julius's sugestion is also a good one, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that we don't need to complain about our cap as it's being upgraded at the end of the month. Read the end of this thread.

If people stop putting pressure on them then they'll get lazy.
    Look at how long it took eircom to get off their arse....dial-up was bringing in lots so why invest money in a system where profits will actually decrease.

I was given "at the end of the month were bringing out a new deal" story as well...but remember this company is also misrepresenting eircom on their site by stating that eircom has 4GB and they have 8GB fro their downloads.
    Eircom now state 8GB on their site and this is a newly updated page from esatBT containing the new speeds and such.
    Im no fan of eircom...but I like stirring sh!t so that we as consumers get a better deal.

okay i dont know man
    phone mobkey was the rep u were talking to? can you send us his reall name? i want to ask him for myself, record it and demand the increase and send email that he told me i could have it and now because he did i want it. as said before esat can up the cap in a few hours, its just a little editing of a program. as it is u can already go over it like ffs, all they do is instead of has cap<16 they make code cap <32 ****ing hell my little bro could do it.

These kind of email petitions require zero effort and usually get around the same response.

If you want to be noticed write a letter and post it.

Advertisement