Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work in japan

• 04-04-2005 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am in third year of college and would love to learn japanese and spend time in japan after my degree. What are my options? Are visas hard to get? Will companies hire me in my current state of knowing no japanese? Has anyone out there gone to japan to live/work?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

How long are you looking to spend? You've probably heard that Irish citizens can go there for about 6 months before having to apply for a visa, but that doesn't apply to profit-making activities, AKA working.

I know someone who's living/working there now, I'll try to put you in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tariqbutt

I would hope to spend a year or more depending on what was feasible. I assumed a visa would be what would limit my time there. I would love to get in touch with someone who has experience with this. I basically want to know what my options are, but am open to ideas.
    I would also be interested to hear about how hard it is for a westerner to get a job there. What steps should I take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

http://www.fas.ie/services_to_jobseekers/overseas_graduate_programme.html

Just something i've come across in the past.

There's also the Jet program i've heard of.

Basically FAS are looking for engineers/science/business grads to go over for a year or 2 and gain experience/improve relations. You'd be sorted with a job.

Also check out http://www.eslcafe.com/
    It's for TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).

Advertisement