Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a keyboard and mouse with a PS2?

• 04-04-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to plug in an ordinary USB keyboard and mouse into a PS2? Im thinking of getting one for FPS games, and cant imagine using anything but a mouse and keyboard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

This'd be what you want

IIRC, whitedog.co.uk sell it aswell (bit closer to home), and I'm sure amazon do. Try googling the SmartJoy FRAG and it'll give you a bunch of links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks for that Spike.

So its not possible to just connect a plain old keyboard to the PS2's USB port? Sorry I dont know alot about this!

I'd never really thought of that, however, I'd be very surprised if you could. And just thinking on it now - I don't see how it could work. The Game FRAG thing mimicks the ps2 controller and adjusts the keys and the like.
    So I'm afraid if you want to play with a keyboard and mouse, you'll have to pick one up. It's not as if they're expensive though, shop around and you'll get a decent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Any standard USB keyboard and mouse work fine on the ps2. Not all games support the usb mouse/keyboard though :(

Any standard USB keyboard and mouse work fine on the ps2. Not all games support the usb mouse/keyboard though

Yeah but as I said, the Game FRAG mimmicks the controller, so you can set it up to use the keys however you want (wasd, etc), a lot easier and nicer I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement