Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piers Morgan - What do you think? Anyone read the book?

• 04-04-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what yee people think of Piers Morgan, former (some say disgraced) editor of The Daily Mirror.

Peronally, I have always admired him to some extent.... my mate thinks he's a total twat though.
    The Mirrors stance all through the Iraq conflict was unique, even as sales delined.
    I havent got the book yet, but I'd doubt on the creditbility of much of the content, but It'd probably be an interesting read.
    (more interesting than his former publication... a biography of 'Take That'! :D )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thefuturehead

quality book, and has really won me over to morgan. he comes across as an honest guy. he makes mistakes sometimes, who doesn't though? he's unapologetic for what he is. he loves tabloid journalism, and sure, lots of people deride that. but he doesn't, he appreciates it for what it is, and to be honest, he was bloody good at it.

plus the book is great at creating the atmosphere around being involved in a daily newspaper. few good laughs too. the late tory mp alan clark is hilarious, as is the tongue-in-cheek rivalry between the eds of the various tabloids.

on top of that, the diary form the book is in certainly reads well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

I Used to work for the man directly and have met him on a number of occasions. He is a twat, and has the personality of a dead donkey. Wont be givin any money to him through royalities!

Advertisement