Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof 2

• 04-04-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

the acting is so bad...
    characters so unbelievable, especially Terry (?)
    The hitman - yer man outta the AXA ad, sh1te
    the woman cop
    meaningless timelapse interludes
    jonathan ryan didn't last long thank God
    writing is so hollow
    It's all boll0cks

I don't have the energy for it.

It's trying too hard to do something that ITV just does so much better

Orla Brady is kinda cute though...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Have only watched about 40 mins, but... yeah..
    The acting is pretty cheesy.. the hip remarks about racism are grating.

The whole race theme feels opportunistic and heavy-handed.
    It seems like the writers just picked a bunch of crap that was meant to somehow represent the underbelly of modern Ireland, put it in a big lexical sausage grinder and ended up with a mixed up turd of "trendy" themes.

The arty/business Dublin shots are mostly annoying, again in the context of trying to make Dublin into London or New York. Some of the other camerawork is quite nice though.

I think "trying too hard" is the right phrase, although the lead actors do a good job, just hope they don't go running after a floppy disk again lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

it was great entertainment though, made me laugh at the stupidity of the show the whole way through! the acting was pathetic, the fact that they shove in random bits of unexplained plot lines to make it look like they actually have a 'thriller' on their hands. and then every ten minutes they show moody timelapse shots of random places in the city for no apparent reason. it's even worse than the first one,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was wondering if I should bother having seen proof last year sounds like watching a prog about honey gathering in Nepal was the right option!

I saw the RTE Guide cover just now - PROOF IS BACK.

To which I thought - "and...?"

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Printemps

I tuned in to watch Proof 2 last night and I wondered what parallel universe this so-called ‘drama’ was filmed in. The ‘Dublin’ of this world looked more like London or New York – the only way you would know it was the capital were the intermittent and pointless shots of the Spire, oul’wans shouting ‘I tink dey shud all go home’ , or scumbags smoking on the street spitting out clichés like ‘I am not racist but there’s no jobs left for the Irish’.
    The portrayal of Irish journalism was a great source of humour for me. First of all, say what you like about the Gardai, but it’s they who run rings round the journos not the other way around. That Terry fella seems to have no grasp whatsoever of the Irish legal system, believing that he can reduce the black guys sentence to manslaughter just by writing an article, when in actual fact he could be prejudicing the whole trial. And he believed his editor would publish photos of aforementioned black guy committing the crime – only for the ed to set the thicko straight by telling him that the paper would be in contempt of court if he did that!
    No offence to our friends in PR but it’s a bit far fetched for a woman working in, lets face it, the not too complicated world of PR, to all of a sudden becoming Veronica Guerin. But Maureen is determined to get to the bottom of the story and thankfully her lawyer friend is there to help her out, filling her in about what the bad old chemical company is going to do to Ireland- give people jobs! And then telling her that he would ‘sue her’ if she printed that – on what basis, willingly providing her with information?
    I could go on but I would be writing all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I got to see the first episode and i have to say i was plesently surprised.

But yes you could go on forever about Dramatical Cliches.

The acting is strange, some good some bad. The Editor is Dreadful. And I keep on expecting to recieve a number from JP. :D

I liked the shots of the city. There is no reason why you shouldn't film Dublin the way you would film london, paris or New York.

Over all its not for me. I don't think I will stay with it.

Advertisement