Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SBS Exchange 2003 Problem

• 04-04-2005 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Ok here is my problem, I have an exchange 2003 server and everything in working fine, we are using POP3 inividual e-mail accounts and this is working quite well, here is my problem I have 2 users who work from home and use mydomain.com e-mail using outlook just collecting the pop account directly, this is fine for e-mail sent to them externally from outside the domain, the problem is if one of the office users sends a mail to joe@mydomain.com this would go outside as it thinks the users is internall in the office, so my question is how do I resolve this issue,

I know I can let them collect mail@mydomain.com for all external mail and the internall people can just send mail to them to an eircom account or something but is there a way to resolve this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What are the clients using as the outgoing server type?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

do you mean are they using Dns or mail1.eircom.net to relay the mail outbound ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Do they only collect email from mydomain.com ?
    what do they use as the default reply address - if it is not mydomain.com then you have the answer

You could add thier external address (smtp:) as an alias for thier intermal address (SMTP:)

Advertisement