Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I need somebody help! Not just anybody......

Options
  • 30-11-2000 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Maybe I should be posting this on a different board, but here goes. Can the Half-Life source code be compiled in Borland C++ Builder. I will be getting VC++ in a few months, but until then I need something else.

Thanks

iMP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

To answer your question, I don't know to ask a new one, where did you get the half-life source code from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Mew, it comes with the Halflife SDK available from FilePlanet (the full SDK is about 70MBs) released with mod authors in mind.

I don't know if they have the full source code in there (hl.exe & hlds.exe), but there's definitely code for entities/behaviors (like Quake's - progs.dat)

As far as imps question... I also have no idea, but give it a try and let us know how it goes smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

If you don't fancy a 70MB download you can get it off DVD Gamer 86, or you can get the stripped down version which is just for multiplayer MODs.

iMP

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

no u cant compile dlls with borland (which is definitly required 4 hl development), at least not on my version anyway. its pretty new

I Live

Advertisement