Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with lossed password on Netopia Modem

• 05-04-2005 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have a Netopia Cayman 3300 series modem, and tried to access this page:

http://192.168.1.254

and it asks for my username and password, but I haven't been on this page for ages and have reformatted my computer since then, so the fields aren't entered in automatically, and I don't know my password! (think I know what my username should be)

help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Did you try a toothpick (or pin) into the hole at the back? That’s a reset button and 'should' sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

try this
    admin = username
    1234 = password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This happens when you upgrade the firmware on the netopia.
    These are the defaults but if you changed them you are screwed because we have had people resetting the modem 6 or 7 times and it still has not got rid of the admin password.

Username - admin
    Password - blank

If this doesnt work you may not be able to get a replacement from Eircom as you upgraded the firmware yourself.
    Your best bet is to get on to netopia as they should know how to get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

to clear the password you have to reset the modem, as god's toy instructed, 5 times... each time you've to wait for the lights to come back on. Don't ask me why 5 but that's what I was told and it worked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mylo

username - admin
    password - whatever you typed (twice) when prompted to enter as an admin password after you upgraded the firmware. assuming it was you that upgraded the firmware in the first place :D

failing that the old reset 5 times does the trick, you'll just be asked to change the admin pass tho, resetting does not remove the security.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Thanks very much, it worked!

I just resetted the modem 5 times by using a pen to press the tiny hole att he back of the modem, and voila!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Any idea on how to do this for a Zyxel Prestige?

Advertisement