Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Upgrade. 3MB Question?

• 05-04-2005 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

This is for any1 who is wit digiweb
    and got upgraded to 3MB`s.

Have you had any problems wit download speeds
    seems every1 who got upgraded no matter what isp
    is having problems but i aint headr anything about
    digiweb.

my download speeds are a joke less then what i was
    getting b4 the upgrade.

would you say this is just a temp thing?
    cuz it looks like sine the upgrade p2p, bittorrent
    n all that stuff is gone to the dogs. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 holden

well, ya... i'm on the dennehy's cross xchange in cork and with digiweb, too.
    i've seen my speeds soar in off-peak times but in the evenings it's a complete joke. probably network overload...
    am i the only one who thinks that a contented service is a joke in itself?
    maybe it's just me being german and being used to getting a 3mbit line when you pay for one. :P
    if the 3mbit has a contention of 24:1 that gives you a speed of 128kb/s which equals 2 isdn lines bundled. lol
    i was quite happy to see the upgrade but ireland's telecoms infrastructure is still to 3rd world to support it, it appears.

peace,
    h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Damn right holden..........I miss Bremen!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Gettin bloody sick of it at this stage!!
    y pay €89 ex vat for this crap
    lets hope something give`s soon cuz
    i aint keeping on puttin up wit this ****
    much longer.
    3mb line wit download speeds of a
    avarege 120kB`s FU€K THAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 holden

to be fully honest, i am well surprised that the network didn't hold up well after the speedupgrades. after all there's not that many broadband users and those that use it are held back by heavy caps...
    which was the reason i went for digiweb in the first place. no official cap and they have no way of measuring my encrypted traffic. got my inet back after a move on friday evening and managed to get 37gb of data across in 3 days. :)
    thought i might as well get my money's worth.
    will definitely be interesting to see if the speeds become more stable after some time... tho i heavily doubt they will. after all we signed up to a contented service and they'll always hold that up in your face when you complain about speeds.

just my 0.02$...

peace,
    h.

Advertisement