Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating UTV trial

• 05-04-2005 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Has anybody had any problems with this? Wrote twice to them, once by registered post and e-mailed CStwice but no reply. Rang and they said they would get back to me, but i would ultimately need to confim in writing. ( done twice).what are my options other than cancelling direct debit, (worried if i do that they will drag out my change to smart.)

rgds
    Scary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Well scary, return their modem and send another cancellation letter ASAP.

If they keep dragging you'll be caught with their AUTOMATIC contract after the trial expires.

Personially I'd prefer to have more hassle with them now than possible getting screwed with a 12month contract.

Send everything back to them NOW if you are close to the end of the trial otherwise they'll catch another customer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 klorin

Had same issue, but had done same as u, registered post and email. Waited and waited then rang their admin department to get address to send modem.
    Also asked if they had got my cancellation and they had, so now just waiting for Smart to enable exchange..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

There is probable room enough for 3 major players in home DSL and UTV will get booted from their current position once SMART get a grip of their situation.

They are probable having a panic attack up in Belfast as their share of the irish marker is shrinking the closer people get to the arrival of Smart.

Just shows you what a capable PR machine(Smart) can do even without a Single customer connected to their service.
    And how a sh!tty PR(UTV) can cause a massive headache!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Thanks for the replies guys. Will get back onto them and ship the modem back.

Rgds
    Scary

Advertisement