Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Penetration in Europe - Point Topic Map

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

That map should be used – and used a lot.

A poster version should be pasted onto ComReg's noble glass entrance doors.

By the time we go over 160 000 broadband lines we will come into the next colour (4-8 per 100). By then Luxembourg and Spain will be out of it – and we will stay for a long time in time in that bracket, unless the gov really goes in and ruffles feathers with our smug and useless regulator.

P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I sent a stinker of an email to them from Comreg ....as it were..... <cough> :)
    Greetings ,

I write to object in the strongest possible terms to the colouring scheme used by your company in its Broadband Map of Europe.

Ireland has been painted in a very unflattering shade of pink associated generally with teh British Empire circa 1910. This is the same unfortunate shade that you used for some former communist countries in Eastern Europe who have less than fond memories of that era .

I have brought this unfortunate co-incidence to the attention of their Ambassadors here in Dublin .

We, The Irish and the Lithanians and the Poles , have all agreed that a nice shade of Green is not only more apposite but is also mutually amenable and would kindly request that Point Topic amend their map forthwith in order to depict us in those colours in future insofar as we are represented as a peer group within Europe by Point Topic .

We do not object to the overall depiction of the Peer Relationship save where chromatic licence is taken with historical wrongs.

With The Kindest of Regards to your esteemed Cartographers

Mr. T.

Advertisement