Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPv6 6to4

Options
  • 05-04-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still tinkering about with ipv6 in the lab -- having overcome my previous problem where certain machines would not ping certain other machines. Anyways, this is a lab situation with no external internet access for the lab machines. I have a linux box (suse 9.2) with two network interfaces - one running ipv4, the other running ipv6. What I want to do is set this linux machine up as a 6to4 gateway - i.e. my ipv6-only lab machines can send traffic destined for ipv4 hosts on the network through this machine, and receive responses converted back to ipv6 from it, etc.
    I currently have radvd running on the linux machine, with Base6to4Interface set to eth0 (the ipv4 interface). eth1 is the ipv6 interface.

Anyone got any ideas what I should be doing next? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have just come across a piece of software called Click - http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/ - A linux router with protocol translation support. This might be what I need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/configuring-ipv6to4-tunnels.html
    would be a good place to start, i'm afraid network i'm on is ipv6 native so i haven't had to use 6to4 much

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I didn't have to use that click thing in the end. I managed to convince computer services to open all ports between my Linux box and the HEAnet SixXS PoP. Got my tunnel configured and up and running. I should have enough uptime by Monday to get allocated a whole subnet from SixXS so that I can get radvd going on the Linux box and use it to provide my other lan machines with IPv6 tunneling :)

Advertisement