Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

omniplex oranmore

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be honest I'm just going to keep going to the omniplex...works out much cheaper with me being a student and all, and less expensive food there as well.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

hachidan wrote:
    While I detest the Ward-Anderson group as both a cinema-goer and ex employee I still feel defend the Omniplex against the above. The Oranmore one anyway, the Headford R.d one, in my opinion, isn't sinking into the ground fast enough.

Lack of queues, to me, implies lack of business, which is never a good sign.
    As for a lack of idiots, that's probably just luck, but its probaly just because of my above point. I've never seen more than 10 people in a screen at one time in the eye.
    The Eye is not cheaper for students all the time. They have a weekend rate of 6euro whereas the omniplex is a flat 5 all week.
    The eye is cheaper for adults mon to thursday (at night only) but is more expensive at the weekend, which is the time the majority of people go to the cinema anyway.
    Comfort is fairly even in my opinion (remember I'm only talking oranmore here)
    I must concede the Ben and Jerries point. Yummy!
    Both have underground parking.
    Both have a luxury screen
    As for the website- whats the point, they don't look at it. It took them weeks to reply to me when I tried to book they're so called conference facilities. They lost some serious revenue there. in an average year I organise between 15 and 20 corporate events and they certainly won't be getting any of it now. As for booking online, you cant pick your seats even if it's reserved seating, which defeats the whole purpose.
    When it comes to the bar, what can I say, what more could you want when trying to watch a film than a load of other patrons in there with you under the influence. Most people go to the cinema simply as an alternative to the pub.
    Firendly staff in the eye? some maybe, but I found that most were only friendly in that fake way people have when they hate their jobs. 16 people quit in the first two weeks alone because the place was so badly run.

My point is the EYE is not the be all and end all of cinemas in Galway, its just new. And while the Headford Rd. Omniplex isn't the best cinema in the world, it certainly isnt the worst and while we all bitch about it, myself included, we,as a public continue to make it one of the most sucessful cinemas (the most successful of the Ward-Anderson group) in the country. As for Oranmore, I honestly think its better than the Eye and the other omniplex both.

well said, though the Headford Rd. one still isn't terrible, i am soooooo glad that we now have a cinema in Oranmore. It even has a glass elevator reminding me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Oh memories... at the corner of my mind... la la la la la, or so the song goes.

The films that the Eye show in their arthouse screen are films that most cinemas get anyways.
    In the last month the Omniplex has had a much better variety of films to choose from. The Eye failed to get in Downfall, Garden State, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, while the Omniplex had all three showing.

Apparently, the Oranmore Omniplex now has a luxury screen. It will be first opened/ put to work for the opening of revenge of the Sith on Thursday night.

Just another factor, adding in favour of the Oranmore omniplex

Apparently, the Oranmore Omniplex now has a luxury screen. It will be first opened/ put to work for the opening of revenge of the Sith on Thursday night.

Just another factor, adding in favour of the Oranmore omniplex

Who really cares about luxury screens to be honest, I find the regular ones in Oranmore perfectly acceptable and I would not tend to opt for being ripped off more then I already am!

• Advertisement

Does that mean I'm counting you out of our excursion to see in in the Omniplex next Friday night? Me, Crispo Flan and whoever else.

Oh wait.... you're going to see it with your family aren't you.... Hmmm.. never mind so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Popeye23

The luxury screen has been open for the last five weeks. The first films to be shown in it was Hitch and Be Cool. Revenge of the Sith won't be opening in the luxury screen. It will be showing in screens 1 and 3 for the first week.

Ah.... Poo!

Here I was looking forward to paying twelve euro to see revenge of the sith.... Oh woe is me! :rolleyes: Now I will have to pay eight euro like an average bog trotter. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Popeye23

The Luxury Screen only costs €10, but for the time being they have only been charging regular prices for it. Your better off watching it Screen 1 anyway. It's got a much bigger screen and a lot more seats. 345 seats in screen 1 compared to 46 seats in the luxury screen

You seem to know quite a lot about the oranmore cinema... You don't perhaps...work there do you?

• Advertisement

Just found out something quite disturbing recently.

To any of you who frequent Oranmore. (Mobile)

Darren (whathisface) who lives in Oakfield. Will be working in the Oranmore Omniplex, come Wednesday!

May God have mercy on us all! :eek:

Just found out something quite disturbing recently.

To any of you who frequent Oranmore. (Mobile)

Darren (whathisface) who lives in Oakfield. Will be working in the Oranmore Omniplex, come Wednesday!

May God have mercy on us all! :eek:

Good god.

Why. For the love of god why. This is not a joke - he'll loose them business.

(This guy once chased a guy while swinging two hammers around trying to hit him - because the guy made a joke about him)

Its bad, bad news indeed.

On a similar note, I saw briain on Saturday in Dunnes. He was just kneeling on the floor, leaning slightly forward with a bag of pasta in his hands, staring at the shelf

Me and Laura went off, talked to Sinead Carrol on till, bought some stuff, and then went back the way we came. This took about 7/8 minutes.

He was still there, kneeling on the floor, leaning slightly forward, bag of pasta in his hand, staring at the shelf.

He hadnt moved a single inch.

It was bizzare. :confused:

Hmmmm...... Bizare indeed!

Imagine Brian working in a Cinema..... especially Oranmore. Wouldn't that be amusing in a strange sort of way?

on the same note of the Darren- Cinema malarky. I work with someone who part times in the Oranmore cinema.... When I told her. She made an extremely sad face and put her face in her hands. (Folks, this is how effectively annoying and weird, this Darren lad is.)

Enough of my bitchin' for now.

Mobile! Sin City! Oranmore Onmiplex! Tickets! When?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Hi all, i have to say, that I also had 2 bad experiences in the omniplex oranmore. First night spring evening, heat wasnt on, and only 10 in big screen at 8 on a wednesday....4 left..and asked for money back, as they were frezzing inside. Second night, the stench of glue - silcion etc was un bearable in another screen.
    Car park was full of nails and boards, and looked leakey!.

Wife is expecting, so she had to struggle up the stairs, Lift wasnt working.
    The eye cinema is a better packaged experience. And it wasnt opened half
    ways through development like oranmore. Id pay the extra few bob to go to they eye, allthough...hector is starting to annoy me.!

Advertisement