Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Eircom WiFi (Again)

• 05-04-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

I'm posting this again because I really do want to find out more about it.

So this doesn't go off topic; Dubpsycho- "New Thread" was the button you were looking for, not "Post Reply" if you want to talk about something unrelated.

Eircom are providing free wifi access "up to 50 m" from some phone boxes.

Session times out so go here then click "Order Now", then "Eircom Wireless Broadband Locations - Find your nearest loacation"

Anyone used it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

i live near the Aston Quay / Fleet Street hotspots.

In fact i believed the guy in the apartment above me had an unsecured eircom account (which i had noticed from time to time, but never connected to it.)

Now i believe this is the Aston Quay connection..

My question is:
    Is there a way for me to boost my signal from my apartment to the hotspot, without traveling outside? IE if it says its 50m and im roughly around that distance, can i use something to boost the reception / signal to the hotspot)

Might be nice...

Brian

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah a directional antenna woud do the job.

Are they staying free for long? Cannt imagine its a perminant thing. Id say they they chuck you off after a set amount of time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Theres one on Georges Street but you would be lucky to get 56k from it. Put it this way I prefer to use mu dialup connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Anyone had any luck with Eircom119? (In front of Trinity College). It's showing up, good strong signal, but my system refuses to associate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

cool dublin only :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement