Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bowyer to be charged by FA - 4 match ban

• 05-04-2005 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

FA charges Bowyer over bust-up

Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association. Bowyer was sent off for brawling with team-mate Kieron Dyer in Saturday's 3-0 loss to Aston Villa at St James' Park.

The 28-year-old will serve a four-match ban for the red card starting with Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United in Cardiff.

But the FA's disciplinary commission could decide to increase the punishment when they hear the case on 22 April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4412175.stm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Given that David Prutton is in the process of serving a 12 game ban for putting his hand on a match official, I'd say in proportionate terms Bowyer deserves a 2-3 season ban.

Not going to happen of course, but then again I'm biased.

Just can't see how someone would get off more lightly for throwing 3 punches and attempting to headbutt someone than for a light push at best.

Assuming, that is, that he gets less than 12 games.

PS - Why the 20 day delay in the punishment? OK, he's banned for 4 games, but have the FA really got that much on their plate?

[/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The guys a thug.
    He was a thug at Leeds and is still a thug.
    The problem Newcastle have, is trying to get something back on him.
    Footballers nowadays are overpaid and have too much power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Given that David Prutton is in the process of serving a 12 game ban for putting his hand on a match official, I'd say in proportionate terms Bowyer deserves a 2-3 season ban.

Not going to happen of course, but then again I'm biased.

Just can't see how someone would get off more lightly for throwing 3 punches and attempting to headbutt someone than for a light push at best.

Assuming, that is, that he gets less than 12 games.

PS - Why the 20 day delay in the punishment? OK, he's banned for 4 games, but have the FA really got that much on their plate?

[/rant]

Couldn't agree more with you. Yet another example of the FA making an ass of themselves. Players have got three match bans for pushing opponents. The FA really are a joke. Did they reverse Dyers red yet, as they should ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

The 4 match ban is just for the red card though, isn't it? I imagine he'll get a huge one on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

can someone tell me what happened?
    i didn't see the match or read much about it....it seems its all bowyers fault though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Dyer's red card stands, as far as i know.

Advertisement