Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues since eircom upgrade..any suggestions?

• 05-04-2005 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm a netsource DSL customer; was contentedly on a 512K/128K DSL connection via a netgear DG-814 modem/router for over a year or so without any issues whatsoever... then the eircom upgrade came along.

Since around March 24th I've been on a 2048k/128K bandwidth connection and my internet performance has been crap. I'm getting regular (every day/night) disconnects and line drops with small periods of good performance in between.

I've been on to netsource for support, tried the usual swapping out of cables, filters, ports etc. but to be honest, nothing at all has changed at my end and everything is patched up to date (h/w and s/w). The only change I'm aware of is the 2048k bandwidth that eircom introduced.

Trouble is - netsource are saying there is nothing they can do, and are logging a call with eircom. We all know where that will lead, so when eircom come back and say 'no problems here' - what do I do next?

All advice greatly appreciated. I had a stable connection for over a year and was enjoying it, now it's all gone to **** since the 2048 upgrade for some reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Honesty eircom just were not smart enough or didnt have the money/equipment needed to make provisions for a 3 fold increase in usage.

It must have been a major shock to their network.

I'm afraid the next month will have sh!tty connections for an awfully large amount of DSL users.

Advertisement