Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Transmitter and Receiver?

Options
  • 05-04-2005 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a stereo in my living room, and a stereo in my bedroom.

What I'd like to do is be able to put a cd (or whatever) on in the living room, and hear it off the stereo in my bedroom aswell.
    I'm looking for something that I can plug into the living room stereo, that will transmit to the bedroom stereo, via a wireless device obviously..

Does anyone know of anything I can use? I know US Robotics have something like this, but I can only see it on sale in the states..

Any advice appreciated..

Kev.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

FM Transmitter would possibly be the best solution though these are AFAIK illegal in this country, regardless as to how low their wattage is.

I was gonna suggest a video sender though you'd need a Phono Output in living room hifi. And some hifi's that did have phono outputs didnt output CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mickot

Yes, FM transmitters are illegal as far as I know, even very low wattage.
    However for "research" purposs I bought one of these
    http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=pc_fm_trans#Pci%20max and it is cool!. Can even listen to your MP3s in the shower with a cheap waterproof radio.
    -micko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

What do you guys think of these:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/csexpo/fmmodulator.html

If I plugged the antenna output into my cable tv distribution in the house and started plugging the stereos around the house into cable tv points would that server the same purpose? Or could I just set an antenna up in the attic?

Darragh

Advertisement