Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Introduce 6 Month Contract as part of new trial

• 05-04-2005 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

The old trial ended last month so Eircom have launched a new one this week.

From the FAQ on their site (unlinkable)
    When can I place my order for the broadband promotion?

The promotion applies to all connections to eircom broadband home starter / home plus before 14th July. The promotion applies to self-install connections within this period. We will be accepting orders for the promotion until 30th June.

If I have hi-speed / ISDN, can I avail of the broadband promotion?

Yes. If you have a hi-speed / ISDN line, you can avail of the summer promotion. However, you will have to pay a migration charge of €25.00 (inc. VAT) and will need one of our technicians to install broadband. Please call 1800 503 303 for more information.

How long is the contract?

Previously the contract period was 12 months. We have halved this. The contract period is now 6 months. And, the first two months of your contract are now free.

What terms and conditions will apply?

The standard set of eircom broadband terms and conditions will apply along with these trial promotion terms and conditions.

Ooooof I hear some people say . Most Smart exchanges should be live in 6 months though but wont people be used to the 6 month contract with 2 months free by then ?

Change your number and get another 6 month contract with 2 months free etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

I'm still waiting for Eircom to 'turn on' my estate, let alone getting broadband across the line.

I signed up for the offer which just finished, and can't do anything until the phone lines are live.

But that is a good thing, having the 6 months. If Smart works out, this may be a handy option for people to take up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

what about current users?
    does it mention if our contract is halved?

Advertisement