Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Star Wars

• 05-04-2005 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Is fecking awesome. Everybody will probably find it very easy, and I don't think you can "fail", but its sheer coolness and great sense of humor should win over most people.

Graphics are very nice. My system has no problem with 1280x1024, although there's no ingame anti-aliasing option (and it would be extra nice).

It sticks fairly closely to the movies, so there are lots of scenes you'll remember from episodes 1 and 2. Apparently it also sticks closely to the story of episode 3 (haven't gotten that far yet) so you may want to leave playing that part till after you see the movie.

All this on one cd! Cool! Thumbs up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My 4 yr old son loves it, reactor how old are you :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I played the demo.

I didn't really like it that much. The graphics are very nice. But I found the camera to be horrible.

I wasn't too crazy about the controls either... but I was just using a keyboard... it probably works better with a control pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I played the demo.

I didn't really like it that much. The graphics are very nice. But I found the camera to be horrible.

I wasn't too crazy about the controls either... but I was just using a keyboard... it probably works better with a control pad.
    Yeah I'm using a controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Yeah I'm using a controller

How well do the lightsaber battles with Darth Maul et al work out?

Reflecting the blaster fire back at the battle droids was pretty fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

haven't got to darth maul yet. Played up to the end of the pod-race sequence. Then started the retaking of the Palace. But then RealLife(TM) took over.

I can see how people would think this is a kiddie game - as a child could probably play it - but the same could be said for Super Mario Bros and lots of other games. If anything this makes the game better. Its different, its clever and its fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I can see how people would think this is a kiddie game - as a child could probably play it - but the same could be said for Super Mario Bros and lots of other games. If anything this makes the game better. Its different, its clever and its fun.

Well I grew up with Stars wars and lego so this is a dream come true :)

Will defo be looking it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Played the demo on the PC, and while it was fun and all, there was a lot that hinted a console origins, like the sometimes horrible camera. Not that there was much more wrong with it, it ran nice and smooth on my 1280*1024 resolution, and the controls were a dream when I plugged in my Dual Shock controller. The Logo humour blends nicely with the Star Wars storyline, and using the Force to manipulate the area in true Lego style was fun too...

Not sure if its enough to make me want to buy it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Holy wow, is this out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would tbh. It looks great and plays really smooth, good simple fun :)
    It doesn't seem to like my joypad drivers though and crashes to desktop every time I try to use it, might try re-installing them to see if it fixes it.

Advertisement