Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wierd email bounce back

• 05-04-2005 1:31pm

I have an o2 email address,it used be a DOL.ie account ( from the digifone days )
    Nothing on my pc has anything in relation to dol on it, the email client on this pc(mozilla) always went with the O2 address, though on the odd rare occasion,mail sent to my old dol address gets fowarded automatically to my o2 account.

Problem is,I've been receiving bounced messages for the last couple of days as if I had been sending them from dol.ie :confused:

I ran an updated mcafee virus check (I subscribed last year) and it turns up nothing, neither does adware and personal firewall plus is always on with broadband here.

I'm puzzled as to how mails with my old dol address are being sent-would the problem be at O2?

Anyone know what might be going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Just somebody/something specifying your email address as the default reply-to address. So when it bounces at the remote end, the server will send an automatic reply to the default reply-to address which is you. Nothing sinister on your part. It's called spoofing.

Advertisement