Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cityside and Lanesborough Developments near Finglas

• 05-04-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I am thinking of purchasing a 3 bed duplex in either the Cityside or Lanesborough developments near Finglas (D11).

Both of these are near the Jamestown Road & St.Margaret's Road and seem pretty well serviced by Dublin Bus.

Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge/experience/advice on these developments/areas that they could share with me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

had an office beside them until recently. Not bad places, I have heard that there is a lot of rent allowance people there (that puts some people off) and that most units are investor owned. Its reasonably serviced by DB and there are a few halting sites close by too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

my uncle lives in charlestown and they look really nice.
    there's a few kids running about but thats to be expected on an estate...!
    if the rumours are true there's a spar opening on the estate. not 100% sure about that one though.
    the no. 83 bus is about a 10 min walk away from the estate and its about 20-25 mins walk to finglas village which has lots of shops, pubs, etc. lidl/aldi are also in walking distance.
    hope this helps a teeny bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I wouldn't bother if I were you . I know 2 people who bought houses in lanesborough both of them are selling up already. The road into it was never finished , 2 years later parts of it are still like a building site & a large percentage of the houses are rented...... oh & almost forgot couldn't get the builders back to do a thing!!! Need any more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

the road is being finished as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I drove out of Lanesborough this evening , about 20 potholes from entrance to roundabout at FAS , whats that about 500m?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I would just say look at the facilities in the area. Say if you can't drive for what ever reason. How close iis the nearest shop? Dentist? Doctor? School? Bus? You effectively pay a price for living in Dublin let are not actually getting many of the benifits. Finglas residents have always complained about lack of local facilities. I would suggest look at Cabra as it is most likely going to increase in the same way as other former corpo estates like Marino, Donnycarney have. These house may require work but are better built than modern properties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Remember you are quite close to the airport. Good and bad reasons.

Advertisement