Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good book? The CSS Anthology by Rachel Andrew

Options
  • 05-04-2005 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to move on from basic HTML and learn CSS for formatting web sites.
    I am familar with some CSS tags but have only used a few in my sites.

O'Reilly.com lists The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks at number 24 in its Top 25 sellers.

Reviews I've read sound good and the sample chapters I downloaded seem good too.

Anyone have and recommend this book? Does one outgrow it quickly?

[Ordering direct from sitepoint.com works out about the same price, 37 euro, as getting it from Amazon.co.uk, with the publisher throwing in a CSS Quick Reference poster for free, worth $10]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Never heard of that book. I recommend the following for improving your CSS and becoming standards savvy:

Designing with Web Standards (author: Jeffrey Zeldman, pub: New Riders. A must read imo)
    Eric Meyer on CSS (author: guess! pub New Rider)
    More Eric Meyer on CSS (as above)
    Web Standards Solutions (author: Dan Cederholm, pub: Friends of)
    CSS The Definitive Guide (author: Eric Meyer, pub: O Reilly)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

This is how I learned CSS:

- I pretty much dissected as many examples on www.csszengarden.com as I could.
    - And I used http://www.htmldog.com/reference/cssproperties/ as a reference.

:)

Advertisement