Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed..!

Options
  • 05-04-2005 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Guys i finally got my PC i built to work :D
    Was moving it from my old house to my new house and came across what must have been the biggest pot-holes in Ireland. The car got an awful hammering and the PC was resting on the floor of my car while this happened. Now the PC won't boot up. It boots for a second or two then 3 beeps and it turns itself off. :(
    Could this because the hard-drive is ****ed from all the shaking/sudden moving? Or is it another problem. I have a ABIT uGuru 3rd Eye motherboard and the error messages that appear on the LCD screen are 9.C and 9.F.
    These error messages aren't in the reference part of the manual so i don't know what to do. Any ideas lads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

the most likely cause is power connectors coming loose. you don't say what kind of mobo you're using.
    (the list of ABIT uGuru mobos is at http://www.abit-usa.com/news/2004/20040708.php )

the 3 beeps tells you what area the problem is in, check your mobo manual and/or ABIT F.A.Q. on the website for details. you might have to reseat( take out and put back in) your graphics card, processor or maybe ram (although ram problems generaly throw out one long beep, which keeps repeating).
    hope this helps a bit.

Advertisement