Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buy a pda/phone

Options
  • 05-04-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

looking to buy a pda/phone type thing just wondering whats the best ones around ?ive been looking at expansys.ie at some of the ones they offer

http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=IPAQ6000 whats this like ? any good at all ? else what woud you recommend ? im not reely intending on spending much more then 700 on one of these .. well maby it depends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

They are a bit bulky I bought an 02 xda2 for the girlfriend little bit smaller than HP H6340. She didnt like so now I am trying to sell it. Reason why she didnt like to big and messy for sending txts. I have an HP H5550 PDA myself and have it connected to my wireless router and surf the net all the time on it. Make a few calls with SKYPE on it aswell. I hope to add GPS to it at some stage. There handy for GPS, e-mail, and a bit of surfing, MP3's, videos. Just limited by the small screen when surfing you have to scroll that bit more. I unlocked the xda2 and was using it for a few days handy but a bit big for my liking. I thought the girlfriend would like it she's an accountant easy to transfer excel and word documents. It all depends on what you want it for.
    Hope this helps a little. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the i-Mate Jam is proving popular, O2 and Vodafone in other territories have both gone with the device (under their own brand), much smaller than the previous models of the Pocket PC phone edition too... might be worth you looking into it as an option also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Have you looked at Blackberrys? I have the 7100v, its fantastic for typing, easy to use, can open pdf, word and excel. lots of extra software available

Advertisement