Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Pub in dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

It is mostly impossible to find a good pint of Guinness. I mean a good, full, tasty pint with a thick creamy head. Apart from old mens pubs.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Favourite is the Stags Head. The current owner is selling it by auction in May. It will probably close down for a while- here is hoping when it reopens it has not changed too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Samsara on Dawson Street....oh Good God the pretty boys!! :D

Sin, Hogans, Market Bar, Dakota, Sosume (RIP...whatever it's called now...something about a Dragon!)

And if I'm in a culchie mood, Doyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bazz wrote:
    It is mostly impossible to find a good pint of Guinness. I mean a good, full, tasty pint with a thick creamy head. Apart from old mens pubs.

Any suggestions?
    I was in The Barge on sat nite and the Guinness there was not too bad at all....
    Long stone used serve nice guinness too, not been there for a while though.
    Kennedys as well when I was in college. Try and avoid any of the super pubs that have a guinness 3/4 poured ready and waiting for you so that when you order they just top up one of them for you and you'll generally be doing well. Had a nasty guinness experience in OReillys under Tara Street Dart a few years back - a whole load of us felt really ropey the next morning and we were all drinking Guinness, and no more than usual.... must've been dirty lines or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I love the seats, it's like sitting on your sittingroom sofa in a pub! Music is great, not too loud so you can still speak to your friends without having to shout and covering them in phlem in the process unlike Messr Maguires.
    Heh you're getting old too i see :) When we start talking about how nice the seats are and how quiet the music is, we're well on the way to the top of the hill. Next thing it'll be dinner parties with brandy and cigars and slippers and cardigans :)
    Must go check it out some lunchtime, cos I work nearby too....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

BCB wrote:
    The Bohs FC Bar Dalymount Park in Phibsboro @ only €3.30 for a pint of lager you cant go wrong............ :D
    Sounds great! How much are the crisps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Kielys in Donnybrook.

Most efficient staff EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Kielys in Donnybrook.

Most efficient staff EVER.

Efficient staff eh?? Sounds deadly.... :rolleyes:

If you are a rocker then you have to go with Bruxelles off Grafton Street. For novelty factor - the Dawson Lounge (smallest pub in Dublin) on Dawson street is great craic for a pint of two. Was in the Q bar at the weekend, great women... drool drool... **** beer though and it cost 5.10 for a heineken.

The Gaiety is great for a late gargle too. Expensive entrance price, keeps out the freeloading students and wasters! :p

Market bar is crap, but not bad food. The cacophony of voices is maddening, and the place is a warehouse that lacks soul and character. ****e. I'm also surprised that people have mentioned Dakota, another soulless yuppie/poser stronghold, about as much fun as root canal surgery....

Cafe En Seine is pretty **** too, drink is terrible and the place is chock full of ****. Women are very nice, but probably inaccessible unless your daddy is a rich man and you drive a sports car.

I've heard Flannery's is easy enough to score women in.

Advertisement