Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSA hygene...

Options
  • 05-04-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Is GSA really as bad when it comes to hygene as I keep hearing? My girlfriend has gotten most of her piercings done there, with no trouble whatsoever, and she's going back there next week to get another...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

it doesnt look clinicish so people think its funny to claim its unhygenic, and that opinions just snowballed. I'd still go snakebite cos I've only had good experiences with them.

All in all I'd say its more hygenic than going out with you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

are you his girlfriend by any chance?

go to http://www.safepiercing.com and look at their guidlines for what a clean and hygenic and overall safe piercing shop should be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

the hygene issue is with the gun they use and their sterilisation methods.
    from what i can remember they use those sterilisers that hairdressers use,the little box not an autoclave. the gun is never totally clean,little bit of blood n germs all over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

She actually got the piecring done today, looks good =0)
    I think she's gotten 5 ear piercings and one lip piercing there, and she said it was grand, and that she'd go back again...

Bottle_of_Smoke is not my girlfriend, just a sarcy baxtard.
    Who wouldnt return my calls.
    Or my love =0(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

GSA is infamous for using a gun for nearly 5 years and getting away with stabbing any part of someones body,regardless of age for a little less than 5 pound. Piercings were done by a little old lady or a little old man who , no proof to show anyway , were as qualified as my grandad at piercing. No blood pathogen training certs or anything of the sort shown anywhere.
    I will admit GSA have now gone to using needles but its still the little old lady and little old man piercing you and its in the middle of an arcade,right beside a chipper ffs, not exactly hygene friendly tbh.
    Maybe they have pulled their act together, maybe they have'nt, I for one will never get pierced there.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

they cant close it down because there are no laws in this country or standards that they have to stick to,if there was they would be shut down instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Because the government haven't set out guidelines for it.

• Advertisement

If there was any laws or standards regarding piercings, GSA would of been shut down and had a very large fine placed against them. At the moment there is only guidelines, no solid laws.
    Thats why I'm glad there's forums like this to show you young whippersnappers the right place to go to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

hahaha, I didnt think that little dump was still in business.... Passed by it many times a few years back and I remember how scary the hygene standard was.... Do they still just do ears and belly buttons?

No they do most things now,AND with a needle too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

ugh! I wonder how many jobs they get out of each needle...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd rather not know to be honest. In this case, ignorance may not be bliss, but at least you'll be able to sleep soundly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

the man is a bástard but i wouldnt say it was unhygenic

Advertisement