Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mods delete plz

Options
  • 05-04-2005 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Ahh never mind me I clearly havent woken up yet !

Just noticed time of post 12-12-2003, 16:11 excuse me im a idiot.

Mods delete please

Sorry first of all if this is the wrong place.

I thought there would be a post about this somewhere already but I cant see one.

Just came off the WH Page and their was a post from Devore stating
    Board closed to posts, discuss it in Feedback if you wish. The permanence of this closure will be decided by an admin vote which is currently running at 2-0 in favour.

Now I dont post to that board and have never really looked at it untill today so Im not going to comment on anything that goes on their.

But I just wanted to say, their is loads of good information on it in the stickys ! im currently looking ar getting a web page together, getting it hosted etc and that kind of info is invaluable to a newbie

Anyway what ever you guys do decide to do in relation to that board, it would be nice if you could repost that information somewhere else or perhaps leave the board closed as it is with the information available.

Just a suggestion.
    Regards.
    A
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I would suggest that there is a sticky placed in Webmaster with simply an alphabetical list of Irish hosting companies and links to their websites - thats all, no prices, etc

Anyone in subsequent threads is then directed to the sticky if they are looking for said information, and also told to contact hosting companies directly.

While boards users can ask opinions on said hosting companies, example "who should i go for based on to host a small website" would be tolerated, any hosting company who advertises, or any user tries to use it as their own public outlet to blast a particular hosting company would be banned for a week, no questions answered :)

All discussions on prices, support, etc would also not be tolerated and result in me immediately breaking out my 12 inch ruler, and ruling someone's ass with it

Advertisement