Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip value

Options
  • 05-04-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I was about to buy some chips over at drinkstuff, but had a thought. Have all chips got a dollar value on them? Just the set I chose allowed me to customise the colours, which implies there are no values ( you could end up with 500 $1 chips and nothing else!).

Is there a particular chip "type" I should be looking for that will have a value on them? I'd like to avoid the nasty-looking special Las Vegas ones.

Alternatively, how do I handle the ones without value for a home game (I'd like to avoid putting up a sheet that says white=$100, black=$50, etc, but if needs must...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lordofthetilt

I don't think the ones in the metalic case for 64 euros that were mentioned before have numerical values. Most big cases of chips you get won't have

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

To get numbers on them costs a fair bit more.
    Is it worth the trouble and expense for Home games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

from experiance after a fewhome games you will become well used to the values.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

So is it then just a matter of agreeing on a denomination for each chip and sticking with it? Does that not get a little complicated in the heat of an NL game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm thinking of getting a set from here . Click on the 'Luxury Numbered Suited Chips' set. They have numbers and all. I'd replace the 10 chips with 500's from their standard set-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Not where there is money concerned !
    I give you about 10 minutes to understand the value of each chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

culchie, do you mean that each chip does have a value (either implied or implicit), or is it just up to "the house"?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.

Imposter, nice set :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

If you're asking is there a standard for colours the answer is no, everywhere is different, the fitz cash chips are white 1, red 5, green 25, black 100, yellow 500. The plan usually would be to allocate a colour for each denomination yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You may want different values for the chips based on the kind of game you're playing, i.e. cash game versus a tournie style game, so why bother with numbers at all?

If the home-game players can't associate 4 or 5 colours with a value, they should probably think about playing a different king of game that doesn't involve cards (Like say marbles :D )

Something like the attachment may be handy, if you're playing with a few people who are new to poker, but they'll only need it for 5/10 minutes.

If you're using software like Tournament Manager, it'll allow you to display the chip values on the tournament screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

corblimey wrote:
    I was about to buy some chips over at drinkstuff, but had a thought. Have all chips got a dollar value on them? Just the set I chose allowed me to customise the colours, which implies there are no values ( you could end up with 500 $1 chips and nothing else!).

Is there a particular chip "type" I should be looking for that will have a value on them? I'd like to avoid the nasty-looking special Las Vegas ones.

Alternatively, how do I handle the ones without value for a home game (I'd like to avoid putting up a sheet that says white=$100, black=$50, etc, but if needs must...)

If you are looking for a customised numbered set www.fullhousepokerchips.com can print the chips with any number value you are looking for in a 300 or 500 Jack/Ace chip. I can print them in a "€" value or just the number on it own, from 50c up to 50,000.

I sell the 300 chip set with whatever numbers you want on them for €120 and the 500 chip set for €185.

Also it is possible now to get your chip set customised with your own logo or initials, good for clubs and event organisers maybe. For this I charge €0.08 cent per chip and €30 for the manufacter of the customised die.

The site has not yet been updated with this information, i hope to have the customised chips section on it in the next couple of weeks. Just pm me or email me through my site and I will give you more info if you are interested.

And all boards members will get a 15% discount on all my range, its the least i can do for being able to advertise in this way!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

murfie wrote:
    If you are looking for a customised numbered set www.fullhousepokerchips.com can print the chips with any number value you are looking for in a 300 or 500 Jack/Ace chip. I can print them in a "€" value or just the number on it own, from 50c up to 50,000.

I sell the 300 chip set with whatever numbers you want on them for €120 and the 500 chip set for €185.

Also it is possible now to get your chip set customised with your own logo or initials, good for clubs and event organisers maybe. For this I charge €0.08 cent per chip and €30 for the manufacter of the customised die.

The site has not yet been updated with this information, i hope to have the customised chips section on it in the next couple of weeks. Just pm me or email me through my site and I will give you more info if you are interested.

And all boards members will get a 15% discount on all my range, its the least i can do for being able to advertise in this way!! ;)

I will only buy from traders that pimp themselves on forums. If you are not a trader that shamelessly pimping yourself I will not purchase from you. I will especially not buy them from the Shortstack fellow or anybody else that has the guts to be helpful in any way to me on this forum.

I never apologise. I'm sorry, thats just the way I am.

;);):p

(Sorry Murphie....in joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I can't stand people who try to sell me things that I want to buy.

:)

Advertisement