Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scripts

Options
  • 13-02-2001 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a script that will update a execl spreadsheet with values from another

Grandpa " It's evil, I tell ya! EEEEeeevil!"
    Marge " Grandpa, you said that about all the presents."
    Grandpa " I just want attention."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

moved this to programming.. someone there might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

If you have access to SQL Server 7 or above use DTS to do this is nice and easy you drag one excell connection and point it to you file you will take the information out of then another pointing it to the destionation file and add a transform between them then you can do your processing with in the transform (it can be SQL or a script VB/Java/Perl). Then to be really handy you can save it to a vb file if you have SQL 2000 and then just alter this a little and you have a vbs script to do everything. I'll try to do up a demo for you if you need it.

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Cheers Kayos

Grandpa " It's evil, I tell ya! EEEEeeevil!"
    Marge " Grandpa, you said that about all the presents."
    Grandpa " I just want attention."

Advertisement