Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourinho finds a way to communicate with his players on Wednesday night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

strange choice to make , I can understand him not wanting a UEFA minder there but he still owes it to the fans and the players not to be so dismissive of his importance to the club. Chelsea fans have planned to sing his name throughout the CL anthem in support too.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the supposed concerns he has about how the club treated him / didn't support him fully in the recent UEFA hassel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

growler wrote:
    I'm starting to get a bit worried about the supposed concerns he has about how the club treated him / didn't support him fully in the recent UEFA hassel.

Very strange how they didnt appeal, his move to Madrid gets closer every week.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It said in the Irish Times today that he was pissed off they didn't appeal, not some tabloid.

I don't think he would risk talking to his players in any way. I think UEFA would like it if he did, could result in a serious ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Damn this is looking interesting. Where are the Chelsea fans and what do they think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

regardless of how this guy acts its his results on the pitch that count.
    even if he isn't there.

he's a one man soap opera and i hope he's around for a good while in the prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think it makes perfect sense for him not to attend the game. Its the only way he'd be able to keep in regular contact with the Chelsea bench.

Although there is no question he's unhappy with the way Chelsea have handled the ban. You'd wonder whether ManU are monitoring the situation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Interesting point Rooster, I have a few Chelsea mates who feel that he would be off to Man Utd just as soon as he can. Especially if he wins a couple of titles at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

The Uefa guidleines specifically mention not communicating with the team so if he did and was found out it would have serious implications, why can't he just take his punishement instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

One huge reason why Mourinho would not be successful at MU.
    Roman and his money.
    Chelsea are where they are for a few reasons, main one is their keeper (the best in the Premership if not the World). Arsenal, MU and Liverpool have at best average keepers. Also helps to have a stash paying all these guys big salaries which MU and Arsenal can't match.
    If he does leave it will be to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

TheMonster wrote:
    The Uefa guidleines specifically mention not communicating with the team so if he did and was found out it would have serious implications, why can't he just take his punishement instead?

well he is , UEFA gave him a touchline ban , and he won't be on the touchline, how much of this is him getting his knickers in a twist or making a point to Kenyon and co. I don't know, he has always apppeared very loyal to his players , maybe it's just a way to circumvent the no-communication ban by letting him be on the phone from home.

I would expect the players to be even more motivated by his absense tbh.

Re. Man Utd, the unbridled optimism of Man U fans never ceases to amaze me, why would he leave Chelsea with all the money he could need at his disposal for anyone else. Chelsea have an opportunity to dominate in the league and in Europe for the forseeable future, no manager would walk away from that for anything less than a major problem with management.

I think Chelsea were right to accept the punishment, appealing would jsut pish off UEFA bigwigs even further and no do the club any favours , we've not exactly had great press over the past few weeks , so they were right to try and put a stop to all this legal bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Fergie "I didn't see it Wenger" and Allardyce have been critical of refs for years and the FA didn't do anything about it. read on text than Chelsea have offered him a pay rise and it could be sorted by Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

smuckers wrote:
    Fergie "I didn't see it Wenger" and Allardyce have been critical of refs for years and the FA didn't do anything about it. read on text than Chelsea have offered him a pay rise and it could be sorted by Thursday.

Oh ffs... Now the chelsea fans think they are being picked on..

He acted like a muppet and through accusations around like no one could touch him. Accept it and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

smuckers wrote:

Being critical is one thing accusing them of being corrupt and lieing about specific allegations to support the claim is a much more serioust matter TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

But sure he's the god and therefore omnipotent. He can be at home and at the game at the same time! ;)

There was a UEFA rep on SSN this morning saying that they want to be able to trust him so they wouldn't have had someone watching him if he was at the game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

quarryman wrote:
    he's a one man soap opera and i hope he's around for a good while in the prem.

He's a very good manager but he's one egotistical, annoying <insert endless string of expletives>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Why the **** would MOurinho join Utd? hes got unbridled money, an amazing young team, and the total backing of a multi millionaire.
    I think theres only two things that would make him leave.
    1. Roman leaves, and the club go to ruins
    2. he wins the quad or something unreal, feels he has done all he can, and moves onto MIlan or Juve as I always got the impression he wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

According to BBC hes been offered a new contract anyway
    Mourinho offered new Chelsea deal

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, 42, has been offered a three-year contract extension, according to his agent.

"The negotiations are going well and nearing an end. It will be concluded very soon," his agent Jorge Mendes told the London Evening Standard.

The Premiership leaders, who are set to up Mourinho's pay by £1m-a-year, taking the deal to £5.2m, have yet to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

From a Chelsea fan's perspective, I hope he's made very happy very f**king soon. I can only see Chelsea becoming unstoppable with him at the helm. Hopefully now he'll take the money and shut up complaining. Himself and Kenyon should sit down and sort out who decideds what and be happy with what they come up with. They need to get along. And I hope Kenyon doesn't feel he is invincible cause I know who I'd prefer to see leave first ....

I'd say Real would be his best offer. They'd kill to get back to being the best and his record seems to indicate he is the best for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually, i reckon what he is doing is taking all the limellight away from his players, and putting it on himself, therby taking away a lot fo the pressure that the tabloids put on the team.
    he seems to always be in the spotlight around big game time. i think hes just very clever, and i have no doubt the team is well versed anyway, and it wont make the slightest difference to them if he is in the stadium, or not.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote:
    One huge reason why Mourinho would not be successful at MU.
    Roman and his money.
    Chelsea are where they are for a few reasons, main one is their keeper (the best in the Premership if not the World). Arsenal, MU and Liverpool have at best average keepers. Also helps to have a stash paying all these guys big salaries which MU and Arsenal can't match.
    If he does leave it will be to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

dunno, he didnt spend much at porto and managed to win.
    or was god on their side that night?
    it must have been a bad ref decision to make Utd go out....
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Actually it was. A Paul Scholes goal was ruled offside if memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It couldn't have been that, it's the linemans job to make the bad decisions.

*grumble*

assistant ref so....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think he's a good thing, He shakes it up a bit and adds a bit of colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

couldnt he have somebody beside him as he watches the match that was in contact with the bench and could bark out orders on his command,it would be very hard to prove if it was done through the right channels and im sure they could think of a secure way to do it

if he does nothing else this year at least he will keep some of those uefa and fa investigators earning their paychecks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

JM is nothing more than a child. A ****ing great manager but a child none the less always stiring things up.

He will be at chelsea for a few years yet and this "hope he goes to Man U" brigade just shows ye up. Three words Martin O Neill, he will be the next utd manager and id say it will be next season 2005-2006 that Fergie will step down*Cough sacked*

Fair play to him this season chelsea are just unstopable in the league at the mo.

Is there any rule as to WHERE he has to sit in the stand. If not he could sit right behind the dugout, it'd be more or less the same as being in the dugout.

RTE Have said hes in the stadium - What a twat - all about him :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Is there any rule as to WHERE he has to sit in the stand. If not he could sit right behind the dugout, it'd be more or less the same as being in the dugout.
    UEFA have baaned him from comunicating with the team

TheMonster wrote:
    UEFA have baaned him from comunicating with the team

He could loadly voice his opinion tho.

Advertisement