Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the paperboy problem in simulation

Options
  • 09-02-2001 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

is anyone familiar with the paperboy problem using random number generation as a simulation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

Would you care to be a bit more specific?
    People here will help you with specific technical problems, but they won't do your homework for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Much as I also refuse to do anyone elses homework, I was wondering, What exactly is paperboy simulation???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

the paperboy problem ive never heard of.
    I presume though that its an alternative name for the travelling salesman problem, a run of the mill statistics and/or AI algorithm problem...

goes like this:

one salesman.. has to visit several cities each with a varying distance between them, whats the quickest/shortest route that he can take to visit each city?
    several ways of solving it, brute force, depth-first, breadth-first, best-first tree traversal methods, heuristic searchs, and a few statistical approachs (which escape me) probably to do with expoential distribution or Markov properties or something.

either way that name should deliver several times more hits at a search engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

ta kali, have heard of that already just didn't relate the two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement