Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IOL BB+ & OE

• 05-04-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Recently upgraded from my USB ADSL modem that IOL supply (Prestige 630-11) to the dual USB/Ethernet Router that IOL also supply (Prestige 623) and now I cant send or receive email through Outlook express.

I get this error message:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.iol.ie', Server: 'pop.iol.ie', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Tried contacting IOL to reslove this but their tech support are a bunch of monkeys.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

doesn't sound like a windows prob so will probably move to net/comms unless someone has a better idea.

- at a guess it's the new router hasn't been configured right (or you haven't rebooted your computer since the new router went in)

See if you can ping the server by name or number
    ping pop.iol.ie
    ping 193.120.142.81
    ping 193.120.142.19

if either number works and the name does not then it's a DNS problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Cheers, try that when I get home thought it might be a common outlook express problem

Nope that didnt work.
    I have no problem accesing other websites and things so could it be something besides DNS? :(

This is really pissing me off, the DNS settings are correct on the router and I can connect to any website ive tried so far.

I can't ping mail.iol.ie, pop.iol.ie or 193.120.142.81, 193.120.142.19. Ive e-mailed support@iol.ie 3 times but no reply.

(Could a mod please move this to networks)

Cheers.

Advertisement