Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet unicycling video link

Options
  • 05-04-2005 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Sweet Unicycling Video

Found that on www.alldumb.com (which is also worth checking out, although not juggling-related) a while back.

It's a load of jumps/tricks/offroad stuff on unicycles.

Quicktime .mov format

You may need better than a dialup...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Holy crap....
    I want a unicycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 loafer's glory

I bought a unicycle earlier this year and I hardly use it at all. I may even sell it at some stage, so watch this space. It's just kinda frustrating to learn on. I don't get much practice because I never ride it in my own time, and never bring it to juggling practice because i'd have to lug it around college all day first. but if I got good at it it'd be a handy skill. in some strange set of circumstances somewhere down the line...

still, that's a great video. especially when he hops up on the picnic table, rests on the pedal, swings the whole unicycle around the axle and hops back down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

how much did it cost and where did you buy it?
    I was desperately seeking a unicycle a while ago, somebody lent me a "training unicycle" , it had a little extra wheel at the front, no good.

Anywho i still really want a unicycle, I just couldn't resist unicycling to school, like that guy in the video going down the road, so cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 loafer's glory

UCD Juggling Society put through a couple of equipment orders every year from Beard, and I ordered one there. €100. Some assembly required.

I've seen unicycles in shops before. The juggling shop in that shopping centre on Eyre Square in Galway has them, and I'm sure there are places elsewhere too. But they're about €250.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye theres a bike shop called PlanetFun that sells em
    I might be interested in that unicycle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

I bought a uni 2 years ago from 'Its Magic' in The Eyre Square Shopping Centre in Galway. It was about €200. They didn't know it, but it was from a french company called 'passe-passe'. You can order it from their website cheaper than you could buy it from Its Magic. Its quite a good unicycle, compared to a lot of the taiwanese jobbies that you get in a lot of bicycle shops (caveat emptor).
    However, I would say that the killer link for buying unicycles is without a doubt:
    www.unicycle.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

if you try following that link you will be dismayed to find that they are "closing down"

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

that should be www.unicycle.uk.com
    sorry

Advertisement