Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230 Moving wallpaper

Options
  • 05-04-2005 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me if the 6230 surports moving wallpaper. I was told you can and have tried to set gif but it comes out as a still????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

yea it works once you update to the latest firmware but they time out after a few minutes and stop moving until you restart the phone.
    you can get it updated on the phone shop on Dawson St.
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Please bear in mind that an animated or moving background will lessen your battery life (as well as using a screensaver).

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah screensavers for phones are totally useless. The idea is supposed to be that a screensaver conserves power but they do the opposite. Suppose they look nice though...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Thought the purpose of screen savers (on pc's anyway and on phone's too i presume) was to prevent the screen from burning out rather than saving power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

caster wrote:
    Thought the purpose of screen savers (on pc's anyway and on phone's too i presume) was to prevent the screen from burning out rather than saving power?
    So did I caster :|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

caster wrote:

I agree
    after all it is called a SCREENsaver and not a POWERsaver.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Just to clear a few things up. Both O2 and Vodafone supply the 6230 with animated screensaver. I would suggest disabling this and using the standard screensaver which is just the current time moving about the screen.

Also, just to clear up that burn-in myth. Burn-in used to occur on CRT monitors but it's not an issue anymore with modern CRT and LCD screens. I google'd about to confirm this. Besides, when was the last time you saw a screen, especially a phone, with a burn-in problem? ;)

- Neil

Advertisement