Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Machinist

• 05-04-2005 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

has anyone seen this..... i watched this last night and i do not know if i like it or not.....

help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I didn't like it. There was no tension in the movie at all, and I'm sick to death of films using that plot device now as a big reveal at the end.

And it could have done without trying to fit a big Bernard Hermann-esque score into a film that clearly couldn't support it. I know they were really trying to go for a post-modern Hitchcock, but that was just uncalled for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

ro1798 wrote:
    has anyone seen this..... i watched this last night and i do not know if i like it or not.....

help

Okay. Here's what you do. Ask loads of people what they thought of the film and pay attention to the answers. Pay particular attention to the answers of the people that you consider to be 'cool'. Then parrot what they say and you don't have to decide whether you liked it yourself or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Im not going to do the above... but here i go anyway. Saw it today in the UGC and it wasnt bad... i never said it was good either though. The tension was good and Bales character was pretty good and was well filled out (not physically obviously... but you catch my drift). His thinness unnerved me somewhat but i sat through it, i wont be renting it.

But i do have to say that i turned away when
    he didnt find the kid in the bath and ventured towards the 'bleeding' fridge
    (i know, im a wimp for those kind of moments)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

ok well i watched it again an i have made up my mind about it.. not impressed was waiting for this for a while and i built it up in my head so much that it had to fail..

no one i know has seen it...

thanks for help

ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I watched it as twas only movie hadn't seen recently when I went to the ugc.. to be honest it was difficult to watch. It was a very unpleasant movie on the eye and it didn't exactly inspire (this I'm sure it was meant to be) ... I'm glad I sat through however, as it did improve and provided a somewhat interesting conclusion

That said
    I would not recommend this to anybody

• Advertisement
Advertisement