Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendations anyone?

• 05-04-2005 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

My entire broadband experience has been with eircom and i have no complaints. The price for the new speeds is quite acceptable and i havnt had any problem with caps as nothing illegal takes my fancy :P. Only went once over the cap by 1gb and that was when the world of warcraft beta came out!

Never had any problems with the service, never any downtime that i was around for and i use my computer every day for a few hours. So from my personal experience eircom are very reliable and they are now competitively priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

In fairness, "offers to prices and speeds" is something you can check yourself on providers websites.

What is best for you will depend on what you use broadband for - web surfing, gaming, VoIP, etc..

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Then read this thread for starters. There's always people giving their opinions on their providers on this forum.

fwiw coax cable can carry far more bandwidth than phone lines, but this country isn't near the xDSL limits yet.

hth,
    causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I have had eircom broadband since dsl was available in this country and to be honest I can't really fault their service other than some post upgrade problems in the last few days which everyone seems to be suffering with anyway. Any technical issues I ever had were resolved quickly and competantly and I would rate the broadband itself as good to excellent.
    I suggest you look at all the threads on this forum as there are plently of opinions on the various products available. You will see plently of negative comments about eircom in general (most of them justified ) but their broadband product is; IMO one of the better ones in terms of quality of service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement