Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journals bug

Options
  • 06-04-2005 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

Getting an odd bug in the Journals - when select, like I do, to sort by Last Entry Date, Descending, it displays the first page as expected, but when you scroll to the next page, it automatically reverts to its defaults settings (Journal start date, ascending), so the Journals I want to see aren't displayed...

Also, I'm not sure if the Journals are meant to remember what you chose last time in the sorting system, but it would certainly be handy if it did.

I'm running on Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox, but the bug also occurs on IE.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm getting the exact same thing.

I honestly have to say, the new Journals are just downright obtrusive, annoying, messy, and altogether counter-functional. Seriously, what was wrong with the Journal layout the way it was? It's just plain horrible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I do think the default settings on the journals need to be tweaked a little. Instead of the Journal list being the focus of the page, the latest journals should be the focus of the page. Failing that (it's a bigish hack), the Latest Entries and Latest Journals bit should be removed and the main list by default, sorted by Last Entry Date, DESC.

As it is, new journals posted are gone within a few hours of being posted because the latest entries list is so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seriously, what was wrong with the Journal layout the way it was? It's just plain horrible now.

/me weeps for the old style.

Please..please..can we have it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I can only agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Ditto for bring back the old style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hmmm -- I actally like the new layout, the old one had a nasty flaw where it was hard to just browse random entries unless you picked out someone's journal while you were surfing. I think I'd like the new style if it actually worked right.

Advertisement