Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kilmurry last night

Options
  • 06-04-2005 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

I know that we were warned about this madness but there is no way I could have belived it until I saw it for myself last night.
    Pure madness, €30 in-€2000 chips, €15buyback €2000 chips top up €30- €5000 chips.
    I was at the maddest table that ever was,
    Started at 8.45
    first hand ok won with a small bet on river, battle of blinds.
    2nd hand two lads all in €2k each - one had q7 spades other had k4off- king came on river one lad buys back.
    This continued with at least one all in on every hand until break at 10.30.
    During this time there was two hands that there was betting after the flop all the others there was someone all in pre flop or on flop.
    To show what kind on night I had- had pocket 6's two others in pot, flop came down 3,6,9 rainbow. I bet €1000(5 times bb) two went all in, I called
    turn 5, river 3. one of the others had a4 off and had hit a straight.
    I had pocket aces, before I could even bet the total luney all in, I called he had q/8 clubs he hit flust on river.
    There was no stealing blinds at the table the luney( they nearly all were) had bought back 6 times alone.

I decided right this was one of those nights so kept out of pots, break came, I decided surly when the freeze out started proper poker would be played. In fairness the least mad of the others and myself had a "proper pot" which I won on the first hand after break.
    Second hand I was bb, 200/400
    had ah7d. just checked ,
    flop ac,10c,7h. I raised €2000 .
    next two went all in, the luney beside me and a slightly less luney beside him.
    WTF.
    I decided we are now in freezeout, neither of these were on blind , flush draw out there , trips??, I had the lowest of the 3 of us.
    Made my big mistake of night, I folded.
    two lads turned over a2off, a3 off.
    last 2 cards muck,
    split pot.
    more all ins but chips just going around between them, the larger chip holder loosing.
    eventualy table broken when two of them went out on same hand both had ace high, beaten by pk kings.
    went to next table v v low stacked.
    got lucky on bb when hit a pair on river and doubled through.
    eventually went all in when blinds were 2k/4k I had 15 in total and was on bb.
    A few limpers I went all in with my remaining 11k with a6 spades, folded to small blind, who called eventually with q/j spades, coin flip.
    flop akk
    turn q, river 10. he had hit straight .
    I was gone.

Night wasnt a total flop as my brother came second and won 700.
    Blinds on final table doubled every 9 min. at one stage dealer let a shout to the other lad, slow table, 4 min to next raise it had been only 2/3 min from the last raise.
    I have to say that I don't think I would go again if I was given the ticket for free.There was other tables that there was proper holdem played like the one that my brother was on, but with the chance that I would be with the madmen again, no thanks.

sorry about the long rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

:eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate to say it but.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Well jem, now you know why I was so critical of this one. What a bunch of faeces throwing monkeys! The last one I went to before Christmas the two tall stacks went all in against eachother preflop at the final table when there were still 8 left. One had T-6 off , The other had T-8 off. T-8 made 2 pair on the flop. Made me sick to my stomach after seeing that BS when I went out on the bubble.

The only way to play these guys is to get your chips in the pot with big hands as much as possible during the rebuy stage to try and hoover up the dead money. With the blinds increasing so fast and the play particularly slow its very dificult to do that unless you get a good card rush. You need to be incredibly lucky. After the rebuys all you can do is sit back, play solid bookish poker and watch the ****tards knock eachother out. It's impossible to protect your stack though. I was chip leader with 16 left at that event and went out on the bubble. AK losing to AJ and TT losing to 67 off, both all in preflop.

This is not poker. It's embarrassing to think the players there actually think they can play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

NickyOD wrote:
    The only way to play these guys is to get your chips in the pot with big hands as much as possible during the rebuy stage to try and hoover up the dead money. .
    I did with my aces and trips, and lost both.
    NickyOD wrote:
    With the blinds increasing so fast and the play particularly slow.
    It wasnt at our table, remember there was someone all in all the time so there was no thinking being done. the longest was when I thought about the two pair in the freezeout.
    NickyOD wrote:
    After the rebuys all you can do is sit back, play solid bookish poker and watch the ****tards knock eachother out. It's impossible to protect your stack though. .

I agree trouble was though whoever wasthe big stack was loosing the all ins so the chips were going around the table.
    NickyOD wrote:
    This is not poker. It's embarrassing to think the players there actually think they can play the game..
    Agree totatally
    I actually said at the start of the freezeout . grand we can play poker now, the response was, sure there is great poker being played on this table :confused: :eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

It's embarrassing to think the players there actually think they can play the game.

Your right these fools really think that 1) they can play and 2) the way they play is correct or as one lad said to me "by the book". These chumps wouldn't know a book if hit them in the head.
    On any given night they can ruin a table for a decent player. However, in the long run, a decant player clean up on them.

At my table of six players, there were 3 of us intent on playing some cards and one guy who I can only describe as a cash cow. I mean he was brilliant, he would call with anything, and it was like having your own ATM at the table. I nearly cried when he went bust for the final time. :rolleyes:

About the tournament itself.
    IMOP it was a joke, they seem to raise the blinds whenever they felt like it.
    at one stage dealer let a shout to the other lad, slow table, 4 min to next raise it had been only 2/3 min from the last raise.
    I was sitting to the right of the dealer and I could not believe it 4 fecking min, luckily I had a decent stack at that stage. :eek:

By the way I would like to thank Jem for persuading me to go last night, I will buy you a half shandy out of my €700 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

they had a "dealer" for the final table.
    I use the term tealer in the broadest possible sense of the word.
    He did shuffel the cards and he did give them out.
    On one hand tap was all in at the heads up k/10 I think, the other lad had a small pocket pair 2's I think the tcards ended up a6a56 giving them both 2 pairs with tap's king being the highest kicker. He was giving the pot to the otherlad and shook his hand.
    he wasn't a bit pleased when I pointed out his error.
    The last hand he scuped up the cards real quick, One of our lads still swears that tap had a straight but as the cards were gone it couldn't be checked.
    I fairness to tap he didn't complain and said the cards are gone so there can be nothing done.

the organiser mike is holding games all over the country, friday night is in puchane , outside nenagh I have a feeling he is running games 5/6 nights a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

i have no problem with someone making a profit but imop the guy running the tourne was milking it big time.

Advertisement