Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Noise Is Too Much

Options
  • 06-04-2005 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

i just built this amd64 beast,but my thermaltake Purepower PSU IS SO NOISY its waking people up,there are adjustable knobs but reviews etc say this is silent enough even at full speed,anyone have this PSU (purepower 480W Butterfly)

its really shaking the house atm :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

get the phantom 350, rocks bigtime and provides the same amount of power as you thermal take

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Had that PSU before and it was dead quiet! That, plus 8 fans in my case, when turned down, were almost silent.

Maybe you have a dud PSU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

should i install those control knobs? im worried about turning it down,my cpu is now 32 c and my case is 41 apparently

What case/cpu etc? Details help!
    32C is good for CPU if it's an AMD64.

Are you sure it's the PSU?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I have that psu and have the same problem. It's far from quiet. Install the fan controller and see if it helps. It won't affect your cpu temps.

Btw I think your Bios readings are messed up. There is no way your ambient temps are 41 and your cpu is 32. I'd say it's the other way around.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BloodBath wrote:
    There is no way your ambient temps are 41 and your cpu is 32

Yes that's impossible on air. CPU is always warmer than ambient temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DubPsycho

I have that PSU mate.Same problem as you too,its a noisy little bugger.I have the fan speed knobs installed and even with the speed right down its still a bit loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I have it (with the control knobs) - quiet as a little lamb that is being quiet.

Maybe its the other fan bundled with the PSU? Now that's a noisy bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

Howya I have the TT Butterfly PSU and it looks like im one of the luckier people its really quiet unless i turn the control panel to full blast but otherwise its fantastic tbh! Have the TT Tsunami black case with window nothin touches it for looks with a few neon lights. But its soundproofing cud be better the 120mm fans will suck in small pets lol! :D

snapscan, that X-Blower thing is supposed to be rather loud alright. @OP: Have you it installed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement