Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Meteor Reception good?

Options
  • 06-04-2005 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm with Vodafone (Active plan) but think I'd get better value with one of the Meteor pay-later options. The only thing I'm worried about is the reception. I know they now have national coverage but is it up to scratch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

unless you travel all around ireland as part of employment
    you wont have any problems mate
    seem to be up to scratch at the moment ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bid

thanks, well im based in Limk but someone yest told me it was useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ! dwarfchucka

IANOC wrote:
    unless you travel all around ireland as part of employment

And don't expect to find yourself inside any large buildings at any time in the future :D

I'm personally not impressed and will be switching to vodaphone asap.
    If you want to try them out, you might try unlocking your phone from the vodaphone network (sites available for this so it won't cost anything) and buy a meteor sim card (or borrow one for ultimate cost effectiveness!!). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bid

pity, i saw a really good deal with carphone warehouse where you get nokia 6230 free when you go to a meteor pay later plan. im disappointed now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

I travel all over Ireland with work have no problems with meteor when there signal drops you get to use O2, Was down in limerick last week and clare worked fine in some cases my work phone vodafone had no signal in buildings etc. and meteor did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bill_N

From my experience with using both Vodafone and Meteor, I have found the coverage is just as good with Meteor as Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya im from limerick to and its like this meteor coverage limerick city and supurbs all full bars, west limerick 2 or 3 bars on average, east limerick 3 or 4 bars average and south limerick (me) 2 or 3 bars so basically you always have a signal in limerick so you grand but keep away from kerry and clare reception the is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

1huge1 wrote:
    ya im from limerick to and its like this meteor coverage limerick city and supurbs all full bars, west limerick 2 or 3 bars on average, east limerick 3 or 4 bars average and south limerick (me) 2 or 3 bars so basically you always have a signal in limerick so you grand but keep away from kerry and clare reception the is terrible

Kerry and Clare is fine for me don't forget when you have no signal you automaticaly roam on O2s network so you get the best of the 2¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bunker

whats that got to do with Meteor and their signal??? :confused::confused:

Down here in kerry the meteor signal is the same as o2 because meteor signed some contract that means they can use o2's masts and recepition and the o2 recepition is perfect.

Advertisement