Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smedias & UCD

• 06-04-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

UCD sweep the nominations board again in the Smedias, and the Observer leads the way with 15 nominations, with the tribune performing well with 10 nominations, streets ahead of other so called large colleges.

Disappointment for Belfield FM (I think) cos I can't see them mentioned anywhere after what I perceived to be a good year.

http://www.oxygen.ie/smedia/smedia_shortlist05.php3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 PlanetPob

Belfield FM has been nominated for Webdesigner of the Year...www.belfieldfm.ie.

They still have to announce the shortlist for website of the year, so fingers crossed we will get that too.

It is quite frustrating that we were not acknowledged as it was a very good year for the station. The Vibe (current affairs show) entered but did not recieve a nomination. This show is the only college show in Ireland to rely so heavily on live interviews. 'Alternate' is a great show (i think anyway) and also had the most interviews with musicians and other people than any other college radio station. For example, Alternate had around 5 guests a night in the show, but other stations would be advertising the fact that they had 1 guest in a week.
    The Breakfast show was a genuinely entertaining and well-produced show. It is indeed a pity.

I think it is not a fair representation of college media to have, for example, 10 categories for college Newspapers and only 2 for Radio. I think Oxygen should look including more categories for Radio as it is not being recognised properly.

Rant done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Cecilia

University Observer picked up four awards at this years Student Media Awards; Best Editor, Best Newspaper design and layout, Features Writer of the Year and Sports writer of the year. Congratulations to all!

Advertisement