Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackmania Sunrise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I have trackmania + update, and am gonna get Sunrise.

This game is hilariously fun. Not only that but there is actual skill required in order to push your times right up to the top of the chart. You cannot crash into other races (hence actual skill needed to win) and that puts people off.

I play this at LANs and online and it is just great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I see play.com has the new Mashed game for £10stg on Xbox. Since its a fairly similar game (you can have multiplayer all on the one screen, micro machines style), which do ye reckon is better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I had mashed last year awesome game only has two problems, 1 it needs mates seriously the game is good but when mates are playing its up there with Mario Golf/Tennis SMB/ as best MP game ever. 2 the camera punishes you for being 1st, takes a while to get used to but still many many time you will hear "HA AH im in 1s....WALL!!!!"

Theres a new updated version that would be a better buy imo

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I have trackmania + update, and am gonna get Sunrise.

Trackmania was great fun, if it did become a little "stale" after a while in single player. Really looking forward to Sunrise, as judging by demo, they have added some cool new games and stunts.

There is still nothing better than finally, after hours of trying, figuring out how to build the track so you can get a gold medal time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Kdjac - that's the one i'm talking about :)

£10 on play - they have the PS2 version for the same price as well.
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=XBOX&title=593708
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PS2&title=593709

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

The first trackmania was great! pure trashy racing, with some class track design.

/Agreed:)

Spent 3 hours today playing the demo.

Very odd demo its has near full functionality, good demo defintley getting this game.

Just one more try for gold!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Mashed does not sound anything like Trackmania, other than you drive cars. In trackmania you a racing around the map with 60+ people all trying for the best times around a track. There is a time limit set on each track (normally about 5min) and in that time you have to complete the track with the best time. The tracks range from short (20s) to 2min endurance races. Anytime you make a mistake you restart trying to get the perfect lap and get the best time. Tracks are tiny in file size so every time you start an online race you download the next track, so you rarely play the same track again.

In mashed you have to fight your way ahead using weapons just like micromachines. When someone gets a point everyone restarts.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Mashed does not sound anything like Trackmania,

Its called Off Topic posting sheesh are you the minister for "keep the feck on topic" ?

:D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Trackmaina r0x0rs your b0x0rs!!!!

happy now?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ciaran500 wrote:
    In mashed you have to fight your way ahead using weapons just like micromachines. When someone gets a point everyone restarts.

Was wondering what this "Mashed" game was like so found an old PC Gamer CD and played the demo and it was so s**t I wept for humanity, burnt my PC Gamer CD in a cleansing ritual and then returned to Trankmania Sunrise demo ... the earth is back in balance

Mashed! Should be called ... er. ... SMashed! ... ahem ...

Advertisement