Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Eircom Customer Service Horror Stories

Options
  • 06-04-2005 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

ok, if any of ye have dealth with Eircom customer support esp, for their fixed line
    services you will know what a soul destroying experience it is. Being put on hold,
    being told blatent porkies, saying they will get back to you - and never hearing from them again, refusal to give their full names, beling billed for products you've never used....the list goes on...

So, lets hear them - your Eircom horror stories.

Also, what is the worst excuse Eircom ever gave you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

"We're closed", I was so shocked....

Would this not be better suited to the IOFFL/Broadband/Telecoms forum?

<edit>And from working in a couple of call centres myself, you are not obliged to give your full name to anyone</edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

think this maight be the wrong forum.

also ifyou use search you will find a heap of these type threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i was told if i moved my calls back to eircom i had a better chance of having dacs removed from my line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

I used to work in the corporate service centre in Eircom, but i am familiar with 1901's bad service,, but what do you peasants expect? jeez!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

pfftt the customer is always wrong :P

tbh most of the people who get flustrated are calling the wrong number, and then they yell at us for pointing it out! fark off ya silly cúnt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Before deregulation we called Eircom about a mistake in our bill which we certainly didn't cause. They refused to settle it or even entertain that it could be a mistake. The guys comment was "Ha, its not like you can move to another phone company, either pay it or we disconnect you".

Long gone from eircom, no plans ever to go back to it. Don't respond well to threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moved from After Hours

As Wizzard says, agents aren't obliged to give you their names. Many callcentres give people false names to use on the phone, where name conflicts occur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

azezil wrote:
    pfftt the customer is always wrong :P

tbh most of the people who get flustrated are calling the wrong number, and then they yell at us for pointing it out! fark off ya silly cúnt :)

agreed.
    9 times out of 10 the people complaining about the 'crappy' service are dumbasses who called the wrong line..ehhh thats why you got transferred :rolleyes:
    I love the 'experts' who call up aswell, thinking they know everything better than we do. Like the Doctor who called me up, giving out yards about how crap eircom were, and that since subscribing to flat rate hed not been able to view websites for two whole months! :eek: It went something like this:
    Dr. Brainiac:"bla bla bla eircom are **** i cant view webpages for two damn months!!!"
    Me: "okay sir, ill check your connection. What happens when you click connect?"
    Dr. Brainiac: "It connects!!"
    Me: "okay, and you cant view webpages tho, right? What happens when you open internet explorer?"
    Dr. Brainiac: "Why the hell would i want to do that??"
    Me:"err..to view webpages"
    Dr. Brainiac: "Dont i have to pay double to connect to the internet AND open internet explorer??"
    Me:"Ummm no. You need to open it to view websites."
    Dr.brainiac:"mumble mumble mumble" *hang up*

Call this an unfair generalisation if you will, but customers are retards. If you werent so stupid, the technical support would be better cause we wouldnt be so pissed off dealing with morons all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Deadwing wrote:
    Call this an unfair generalisation if you will, but customers are retards. If you werent so stupid, the technical support would be better cause we wouldnt be so pissed off dealing with morons all day.
    I've posted elsewhere that tech support have been and always will be, biased. Reason being, the only subscribers you mostly have to deal with are those incapable of troubleshooting (even when held by the hand), and/or completely lacking in technical know-how.

They make up a small percentage of all customers, most of whom never ring you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

my cousin shane used to work for broadband tech support with BT. the funniest job ever, apparantly.

Operator[in an very strong Indian accent]: "please to open ze dialogue box and to type: Ganeesh is great!!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement