Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP Board?

Options
  • 06-04-2005 12:20pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a suggestion really....as VoIP progresses in Ireland and more providers come into the market I can image people will start asking questions and will flood the already flooded Broadband board.

So why not make a VoIP board
    - List all providers in stickys pros/cons & lists of services provided
    - Deal with tech issues causing problems with VoIP services
    - users can discuss issues/opinions of providers
    - Help publicize the use of VoIP services to boards users.

I think the last thing we need is Broadband being full of people asking questions about problems with their VoIP service, also having a board would help publicize VoIP services to people that read boards which is good for everyone involved :)

EDIT
    If however this idea is turned down it might be a good idea to put a sticky in Broadband listing VoIP services available to people in Ireland and giving general info....atleast for the time being anyway ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll second that

VOIP is going to be big amongst boards.ie users

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

*nods approvingly*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i too approve it would be a good source of info on this newly expanding technology !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sounds like a good idea.. There is not enough collective info on VoIP on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

I'd support this too.
    I've had several of questions I wanted to ask about VoIP that I did not feel belonged on the Broadband forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Me too - I have to deal with this in work in the UK and it's in high demand, but with these new technologies the suppliers often begin to offer them before they've fully cracked how to offer them, and how they should work!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can a mod/admin please move this to forums..posted it on incorrect board by accident

Advertisement