Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

good deal on a bros 400/alternatives?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

bought my bros400 today :)

2500 in m&a at 5 lamps.
    91 with 5k on the clock.

wouldnt give me a trade in on the virago as the guy said they cant sell them,
    fair enough i cant either. lol.

JP offered me a trade in but said the next shipment of bikes was due in 2 months,
    cant wait that long , tis the summer soon.

collecting tomorrow and ill post some pics when i get her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Congrat's on the new bros Chalk :)

A 91 machine with only 5k on the clock :eek:

causal

cheers :)

i know, its awful low, i do that in a year,
    but it seems that theres 2 types of bros,
    the ones that are couriered to sh!t and have 90k on the clock
    and the ones that are fresh in the country form japan and have done eff all kilometreage [sp].

im so happy to have finally got one, cant wait to drive her off :D

Sweet, straight from Japan :)
    If your Virago was a 250 or 125 - then expect a big difference in power and handling with the Bros :) But take it handy for awhile because they can get up to speeds very quickly that a smaller Virago would struggle to reach.
    Oh and there's a major safety campaign this weekend so take extra, er, care ;)

causal

yeah twas a 125 , and still is, locked up in the shed now forever more unless someone wants to buy her , lol.

ive been on it for 2.5 years now and am dying for the upgrade,
    biggest ive been on so far was the cb250 for my test.

ill just have fun getting used to the power,
    i consider myself a very good driver and now just want to have that extra speed and accelaration.

tbh im drooling at the thought of an actual 0-60 time.
    lil virago got me up to 55 in about an hour or so of constant revving ;)

• Advertisement

imho the Bros is a much safer machine to be on - superior acceleartion, handling, riding position, hoops, compared to the Virago.

iirc the Bros doesn't have a cut-out switch for the side stand being down when in gear; but it has a big lump of rubber on the sidestand itself so that if it comes in contact with the road it will bounce back into position - rather than acting as a pole-vault :eek:

Adjusting the chain is a doddle too - it has an eccentric, er, thingy on the left hand side that you use. No more wondering if the wheel is properly aligned :o

When are you taking delivery?

causal

im collecting it tomorrow at 2pm from the shop :)

the kickstand on my virago disapperead months ago :rolleyes: so ive been using an "aftermarket" one for the past while without the cut out switch so bros wont take aby getting used to hhehe

Advertisement