Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yo La Tengo

• 06-04-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

They have a new Best of out called Prisioners Of Love, if no one's ever heard of them then they should definetely check them out, class act.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

yeah, i like them, they've changed a lot since the early stuff, it should make the new best of sound really good, i might pick it up, i only own one of there albums "and then nothing turned itself inside out" i think i should show my support and slash out and get the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What?
    Are you joking me? That band are a shower of useless bast@rds!!
    Your a fu(king idiot!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

Pighead wrote:
    What?

We have an oasis fan here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

they're one of the greatest ever, very under-appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Hard to think of this band with a best of seen as the songs are so diverse, but it'd be a good introduction to the band and would make people investigate their back catalogue further. 'Fakebook' is a great album, kinda quirky with an original sound.
    Anyone into Galaxie 500? 'On fire' sounds kind of like Fakebook, but again it's kind of out there on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

funktastic wrote:
    Hard to think of this band with a best of seen as the songs are so diverse, but it'd be a good introduction to the band and would make people investigate their back catalogue further. 'Fakebook' is a great album, kinda quirky with an original sound.
    Anyone into Galaxie 500? 'On fire' sounds kind of like Fakebook, but again it's kind of out there on its own.

Galaxie 500 are excellent. Three perfect LPs.

I picked up the Yo La Tengo compilation yesterday, primarily for the 3rd disc as I already own all the albums bar two. Opened it up at home to discover the CDs weren't in the box. :(

They were still on the counter of the record shop! Had to ask a neighbour who works in town to collect them for me. Hopefully she managed to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 seanface

i picked this up for a very reasonable price ( about 12 quid) and it kicks ass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

JimboPope wrote:
    We have an oasis fan here.

here here... :D

the best of is going for real cheap in HMV at the moment... picked up the 2 CD version in HMV on henry st for something in the low teens.... memory of a sponge....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

here here... :D

the best of is going for real cheap in HMV at the moment... picked up the 2 CD version in HMV on henry st for something in the low teens.... memory of a sponge....

guys - go for the 3CD version, only a few more euro extra , maybe €17.99 altogether

some great tunes on the third CD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Pighead wrote:
    What?
    Just cos there's no moderators yet, don't think that you can't be reported for your posts here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement