Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders - Keith can't read

• 06-04-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

I know he looks like a right mess, and seems to sit about on the armchair watching the box all day, but I can't help feeling sorry for the bloke cos he can't read. The youngest lad is giving him an awful hard time telling him he's thick, but despite it all I reckon he may not be able to read, but he's a very clever guy.

Those that are unable to read, learn from many other sources, namely through physical involvement and through visual learning. I'd love to see a storyline where he goes on TV and wins a fortune on some quiz show.

Damn I should be writing the scripts for these soaps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I'd like to see Keith punch the kid's face in! Ignorant little sh*t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

memphis wrote:
    I'd love to see a storyline where he goes on TV and wins a fortune on some quiz show.

Damn I should be writing the scripts for these soaps.

You might have gotten that subliminally from last nights episode. A quiz show flashed up on the tv Keith was watching. I'd say that is a likely storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I dont like this storyline.. they are trying to make out that the only reason that Keith isnt working is because he cant read or write...theres nothing stopping keith from trying to get a job on one of the market stalls.. or getting a job cleaning up the square or if Rosie tells him what products to use for cleaning the vic he should do that job and let Rosie find some other job. My dad couldnt read or write and he still went out and earned money for the family.. later on in life he did learn how to read and write

That storyline about him selling the TV was so stupid... who the hell is writing this sh**e... fair enough he sold a fairly good tv so he would have got a couple of hundred quid but why didnt he even buy a small portable for about 60 quid and use the rest to pay the bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

MG wrote:
    You might have gotten that subliminally from last nights episode. A quiz show flashed up on the tv Keith was watching. I'd say that is a likely storyline.
    Yeah, thats what sparked the idea ok, well spotted!

But then he goes off and sells the TV.... poor guy is only tryin to pay the bills so the family won't look so bad, but no matter what he does he seems to be wrong in their eyes. Sad!

I can definately see some good storyline emerging outta that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah that Darren kid is pi$$ing me off a little too, love to see someone making an ass out of him, or giving him a good smack in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

silas wrote:
    Yeah that Darren kid is pi$$ing me off a little too, love to see someone making an ass out of him, or giving him a good smack in the face.

Yeah hes of the same ilk as David from Corrie, you really just wanna punch him in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

As said above why can he not get a job around the square that would not involve reading or writing - he really is useless. He needs a good kick up the backside - that and a good wash eeerrruuuggghhh.

Dont actually like the Millers as a family. How do they afford the mortgage - i mean they could not even afford the phone bill!

I'd really like to see something god happen to him, would be nice for him to be able to say to the cheeky little brat (darren) that he was far from thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'd prefer to see him trampled by a random herd of buffalo running through the square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

He really bugs me... ok he can't read, but do something about it! Go to an adult literacy course in the "community centre" or something. All this sitting around playing the martyr is doing my head in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Repli wrote:
    I'd prefer to see him trampled by a random herd of buffalo running through the square

lol
    /me sends link to the BBC. who knows :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I feel bad for him he cant read an all , but like his familys struggling , rosies run raggid and all he does is feel sorry for himself and talk nonsence , I wish he`d go take up some course and go on to then get a job , I hated him when he came into it purely because he was so lazy , lets hope he gets a job soon and brings rosie out , the poor woman is carrying her l;azy husband all her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

I dont know how the suicide rate does not go through the roof every time this programme is on :confused:

OK He cant read ,I'm sure there are plenty of jobs that he can do.

The misses works and the son has a stall in the market,also the daughter has a child(she must get something from the government )so they cant be broke all the time as portayed.If they were the child would of been taken off them.

X

I prefer corrie or emmerdale, least they are funny from time to time.

I emailed the BBC regarding the matter, unfortunately my email is down so have been unable to check the reply. But watch this space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

silas wrote:

Look at it this way - the kid is refusing to put up with a layabout father who refuses to get up from the tv to go to work.

He deserves a clap, not a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Look at it this way - the kid is refusing to put up with a layabout father who refuses to get up from the tv to go to work.

He deserves a clap, not a slap.
    Thats a really good point, the father is a lay about waste of space, that tries to talk overly-intelligent to make people think he's more intelligent than perhaps he really is. He really needs a good kick up the arse.

Although that Darren kid annoys the **** out of me, he's such a little knacker and so whiney and annoying.

silas wrote:
    Thats a really good point, the father is a lay about waste of space, that tries to talk overly-intelligent to make people think he's more intelligent than perhaps he really is. He really needs a good kick up the arse.

Although that Darren kid annoys the **** out of me, he's such a little knacker and so whiney and annoying.

Totally agree the kid needs a few clips round the ear , the dads a lazy git an poor rosie is left carrying him all the time .Hope fully now they`ll give him a job soon and shut up all the whining .

He's helping out the older lad with the market, but I can't see him lasting long, he seems to be frightening off the customers. He deserves the chance though. I wanna see something good become of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I'd like to see Keith punch the kid's face in! Ignorant little sh*t!

I'm in full agreement. Much as I hate (and boy do I hate) Keith, I hate his son and idiot daughter and his ugly, fat, lazy wife even more. In fact, he should learn to read to spite them, show them a note saying "Goodbye!", then kill them all with some sort of killing device then burn the house down and leave Walford, the prick! What kind of person kills his family?

I'm in full agreement. Much as I hate (and boy do I hate) Keith, I hate his son and idiot daughter and his ugly, fat, lazy wife even more. In fact, he should learn to read to spite them, show them a note saying "Goodbye!", then kill them all with some sort of killing device then burn the house down and leave Walford, the prick! What kind of person kills his family?
    LOL I love it!!

• Advertisement

Nah, if they just stitched the cheeky little bast@rds mouth up thats solve a few problems.

I wonder will this software programme on the computer he used to read out the letter from the kids school help him learn to read.

Advertisement