Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam for votes

Options
  • 06-04-2005 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Been spammed looking for votes. I want this individual banned, arrested and charged for wasting my time.

Or at least slapped upside 'head.

Mr.Nice Guy
    Considering at one stage the contestant powerhousedan was on 5 votes and I was on 14 it truly would be the great escape if I was to survive this round but if I'm going out I want to go out fighting so I'd appreciate it if you would vote for powerhousedan. I don't know if the other contestants have bothered to campaign for your vote but if they haven't I'd really like it if you could vote for powerhousedan.

It is what it's.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

second this motion

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

omg lads you got a pm it was spam he was warned calm down people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Didn't put me out , as a once off and for the light heartedness of it I don't think it was that big a deal .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

mayordenis wrote:
    omg lads you got a pm it was spam he was warned calm down people.
    jonski wrote:
    Didn't put me out , as a once off and for the light heartedness of it I don't think it was that big a deal .
    Thats all well and good,
    but what happens if he gets into trouble in the polls in the next round....
    There are four more left. He may spam again.
    After the survivor organiser got sent down it would be nice to give
    him some company in prison. ;)

he got a warning , so i don't think it will happen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I don't recall ticking a box "any random boards user can spew mindless rubbish into your PM inbox and get away with it" anywhere in my preferences. Could someone explain to me where that option is so I can untick it?

The moron didnt even bother to say what the poll is about. Typical childish inanity from another boards muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Lads give it a break, I mean is it really that big a deal? The survivor contest is getting quite interesting this round because of his tactics. And he's not going to do it in the next rounds, he's already been warned by Seamus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

So just because he is playin a game and decided to using spaming pm for his tactics makes it ok. All Bow to Mr Nice Guy!!!!!!!!!
    Something must be done.
    (I know i was in the survivor and was due to him i got voted out(which may i add was unfairly done) But even i got a pm off him. Twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

fair enough, he has been warned, but i think they need to be firmer on this matter to ensure that it doesn't happen again..... they have to set an example.....a slap on the rist just doesn't cut it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

As far as I know it was a first offence and seamus warned him about it already. He complied and I haven heard of any complaints since so give it a rest already. If it's a repeat offence it would be a different story so just let it go this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

dinjo wrote:
    a slap on the wrist just doesn't cut it!

Nope, you need a carving knife for that :eek:

BTW, how was it possible to spam in the first place? Is there an option to "PM everyone"?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sarsfield wrote:
    BTW, how was it possible to spam in the first place? Is there an option to "PM everyone"?

I'm curious about this myself....surely if their is such a feature it should be disabled for obvious reasons?

I'm sure he wasn't sad enough to go around and collect people's nicks and send a PM to people one at a time...was he?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I didn't get it :)

not in the right 'clique' i guess

ho-hum.

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm curious about this myself....surely if their is such a feature it should be disabled for obvious reasons?

I'm sure he wasn't sad enough to go around and collect people's nicks and send a PM to people one at a time...was he?
    :rolleyes:

Yeah thats about right/ He did it one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow there's alot of angry people about. I guess if Bertie came to your door you'd chase him away! I suppose I would too but still...no offence was intended and if I offended anyone with my campaigning, I apologise.

BTW, powerhousedan I didn't PM one by one and I did NOT PM you :) .

It was a good contest I thought. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If you add a load of people to your friends list you can send bulk messages to every person on the list.
    Bubbles did it not so long ago with his newsletter and was banned for it iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yup, that's my recollection of the fall of bubbles. Shame we can't have a repeat perfomrance with Mr. Nice Guy, spammers are evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Wow there's alot of angry people about. I guess if Bertie came to your door you'd chase him away! I suppose I would too but still...no offence was intended and if I offended anyone with my campaigning, I apologise.

BTW, powerhousedan I didn't PM one by one and I did NOT PM you :) .

It was a good contest I thought. ;)

Who gives a **** about your petty online tomfoolery? Not me for one. Get a life and do not PM me again unless you have a proper reason. Not everyone on boards is a bored arsehole with no sex-life who plays ridiculous online popularity games cause they're not getting any.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

oneweb wrote:
    Mr.Nice Guy
    Considering at one stage the contestant powerhousedan was on 5 votes and I was on 14 it truly would be the great escape if I was to survive this round but if I'm going out I want to go out fighting so I'd appreciate it if you would vote for powerhousedan. I don't know if the other contestants have bothered to campaign for your vote but if they haven't I'd really like it if you could vote for powerhousedan.

I got the same one... never did get around to voting though :rolleyes:

Jeese ,, I obviously stick to the right forums , no one this grumpy where I hang out , where is the sense of humour gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Raphael wrote:
    Yup, that's my recollection of the fall of bubbles. Shame we can't have a repeat perfomrance with Mr. Nice Guy, spammers are evil!

Lets bring back bubbles then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Am I the only one who'd avoid voting for anyone who spammed me about it? Not a great technique, methinks.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Makaveli wrote:
    If you add a load of people to your friends list you can send bulk messages to every person on the list.
    Bubbles did it not so long ago with his newsletter and was banned for it iirc.

Actually Bubbles did it once and was warned. Then he did it again and was banned.

Mr Nice Guy did it once and was warned. Anyone seeing a trend here? A prediction?

Shjeesh, I love it when people rewrite history and then complain we're unfair.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If anyone received any PMs after this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2578197&postcount=92

Report it. But I doubt anyone did, he seemed to heed the warning. (Look at the time on the PM, not the notification mail, cos that's often wrong)

I think the only thing we can do really is vote him off for pssing us off.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2611157#post2611157

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Is this to do with the Soccer board access thing?

Just remove it and replace it with Flower Arranging or something. Far less hassle and aggro.

/me trims his Geraniums

Advertisement